[comp.sys.apple2] Power

JONATHAN@NUACC.ACNS.NWU.EDU (03/28/90)

Hello---

A few months ago I asked a question about a faulty Disk Drive and all of the

I have a new problem...

When I came back from break my power supply was blown.  I tried a friend's
power supply and it worked fine.  So it appears to be just a swap that is
necessary.  This is very epensive from Apple and I would appreciate it
if you could let me know where I could get one cheaper.

Thank you,

Jonathan Gelfand

ps.  It is an Apple IIe computer

JONATHAN@NUACC.ACNS.NWU.EDU (03/28/90)

From:	NUACC::JONATH
Hello---

A few months ago I asked a question about a faulty Disk Drive and all of the

I have a new problem...

When I came back from break my power supply was blown.  I tried a friend's
power supply and it worked fine.  So it appears to be just a swap that is
necessary.  This is very epensive from Apple and I would appreciate it
if you could let me know where I could get one cheaper.

Thank you,

Jonathan Gelfand

ps.  It is an Apple IIe computer

SAB121@psuvm.psu.edu (03/28/90)

I believe Applied Engineering had what you are looking for. They have a
heavy duty model in case you have beefed up your system to the point that
it is starting to be a real power hog.  Or you can always get a Vulcan 8)...

<sab121@psuvm.psu.edu> OR <SAB121@PSUVM.BITNET> -- preferred...
OR <sir-alan!salb@uunet.UU.NET> -- Summer maildrop!

tomk@pro-grouch.cts.com (Tom Kelly) (03/29/90)

You can get a power supply for about $60.00 from Applied Engineering as well
as Price Busters (in LA Mesa, CA).     Both advertise in INCIDER.
If you can't find them, send me E-Mail and I'll get you the address.

UUCP: crash!pro-grouch!tomk
ARPA: crash!pro-grouch!tomk@nosc.mil

dkl@pro-europa.cts.com (David Leikam) (03/30/90)

> When I came back from break my power supply was blown.  I tried a friend's
> power supply and it worked fine.  So it appears to be just a swap that is
> necessary.  This is very epensive from Apple and I would appreciate it
> if you could let me know where I could get one cheaper.

   JAMECO, which advertises in the back pages of most of the computer
magazines, is an excellent source for an equivalent replacement, via mail
order.

  You can probably find alternative sources locally, if you hunt around. On
the other hand, there's always the question, "why did the original blow"?
This is not a thing to be taken lightly, as a replacement might fail from the
same causes, within a very short time.

  If you or anyone you know is at all "into" analog electronics, it might
repay you from several standpoints, to take the original supply apart and
figure out what died - it might a) be a 25 cent part that will put it back in
service, and b) point to a much more severe problem elsewhere in the machine.

----