apple // simulator which is written for BSD4.2 4.3. I've not gotten a chance
to compile it, but the code is commented and much better structured than
the one which was recently poseted to xanth.

I've placed it via anonymous ftp at xanth.cs.odu.edu
in incoming/amiga.
The file name is something like apple2.tar.Zuu and it is a uuencoded, tarred
and compressed file.

The original author can be reached as ben@apple.com.

Good Luck, and let me know if anyone ports it to the amiga. (especially if some
brave sole gets a hires graphics mode working)

--
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
<  FRANK BRANHAM                      | "I exist; therefore I am."             >

rankins@argentina.crd.ge.com (03/28/90)

In article <7429@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt4662b@prism.gatech.EDU (BRANHAM,JOSEPH FRANKLIN) writes:
>I've hit upon a wondrous discovery. A chap at apple has sent me a MUCH better
>apple // simulator which is written for BSD4.2 4.3. I've not gotten a chance
>to compile it, but the code is commented and much better structured than
>the one which was recently poseted to xanth.
>
>I've placed it via anonymous ftp at xanth.cs.odu.edu
>in incoming/amiga.
>The file name is something like apple2.tar.Zuu and it is a uuencoded, tarred
>and compressed file.

Was anyone able to get a copy of this before it got pulled from the
site?  Apparently, the code contained a copy of the Apple II+ ROM code
and therefore wasn't supposed to be distributed.  Geez, you'd think
for a machine as old as the Apple II+, Apple would be willing to make
the ROMs public by now.  I can understand not wanting the ROMs public
for a machine they are still selling, but I doubt anyone's going to
steal the II+ ROMs and try to market a II+ clone.  (maybe they would
in some third world or communist contries, but Apple doesn't market
there so what would they care?) Methinks Apple is a bit too paranoid
and posessive about their stuff sometimes.

Oh well, I wish I could have gotten a copy before it was removed (I
tried yesterday after I saw the post, but I couldn't connect to xanth
for some reason at that time).  Could anyone who might have gotten a
copy before it got pulled please email a copy to me?

Thanks in advance,
Ray

Ray Rankins          |(518) 387-7340 | INTERNET: rankins@argentina.crd.ge.com
2 Moonglow Rd.       |(518) 583-3320 | COMPUSERVE: 71131,3236
Gansevoort, NY 12831 |               | AmericaOnline: RayRankins
<insert standard disclaimer here>

In article <14839.apple.net@pro-party> thei@pro-party.cts.com (The Infiltrator) writes:

>I have an Apple ][ plus from a long time ago, and they sold the machine with 4
>books that tell you about the whole damn thing. I also think that most (or
>all) of the computer's ROM listing was included inside one of the books.

When you bought it you bought the rights to use the ROM on that machine.
Copying the ROM elsewhere, at least for commercial use, doubtlessly violates
the contract.  The question I have is whether copying it for personal use
does (can I make an archiveal copy of my ROMs on my Unix machine? :-).

						-kee

| Alphalpha Software, Inc. | Voice/Fax: 617/646-7703 |   Home: 617/641-3805   |
| 148 Scituate St.         | Smart fax, dial number. |                        |
| Arlington, MA 02174      | Dumb fax, dial number,  |   BBS:  617/641-3722   |
| nazgul@alphalpha.com     | wait for ring, press 3. |   300/1200/2400 baud   |