[comp.sys.apple2] Laser Apple Clones

rhood@pro-gsplus.cts.com (Robert Hood) (04/08/90)

The Laser 128 family is pretty good; I'm using an EX to run my Apple software
and I have few problems.  Here are a few problems, though:

1.  If you get a Laser, get the new EX/2.  For the price difference, I think
it's worth it.
2.  Remember that Laser does NOT corrently have an upgrade plan.  If they did,
I'd be using an EX/2 instead of an EX.
3.  Buy the computer MAIL ORDER if you want decent prices.  The prices
sometimes differ by $100 between mail order and retail....
4.  Make sure you get the most recent ROM installed in the computer.  I
believe the most recent one is 5.0 or 6.0 (depending on model), but things may
have changed.

That's about it.  If you get the EX/2, I'd recommend getting the one with a
3.5" drive installed.  It's cheaper to get that one and add a 5.25" drive than
the other way around....

Robert Hood - programmer

 ProLine address: pro-gsplus!rhood
InterNet address: rhood@pro-gsplus.cts.com