[comp.sys.apple2] 'Mad Apple Fourth' Language

greyelf@wpi.wpi.edu (Michael J Pender) (04/07/90)

In article <9004040454.AA21086@apple.com> 2001elf@SACEMNET.AF.MIL ("2001ELF") writes:
>About a year ago I was corresponding with a gent that was writing
>"Mad Apple Fourth" language for the // series and was, at the time
>, working on a 16 bit version for the //GS.
>
>Does anyone know how I can get in tuch with him, or where I can pick
>up a copy of the language?

It is available for anonymous ftp from plains.nodak.edu.

---
Michael J Pender Jr  Box 1942 c/o W.P.I.   W.O.S. is not dead.
greyelf@wpi.bitnet   100 Institute Rd.     ...its time to get started,
greyelf@wpi.wpi.edu  Worcester, Ma 01609   there is much to be done.
If my next computer isn't a IIgs, it won't be an apple... Me.

SAB121@psuvm.psu.edu (04/10/90)

In article <11115@wpi.wpi.edu>, greyelf@wpi.wpi.edu (Michael J Pender) says:

>In article <9004040454.AA21086@apple.com> 2001elf@SACEMNET.AF.MIL ("2001ELF")
>writes:
>>About a year ago I was corresponding with a gent that was writing
>>"Mad Apple Fourth" language for the // series and was, at the time
>>, working on a 16 bit version for the //GS.
>>
>>Does anyone know how I can get in tuch with him, or where I can pick
>>up a copy of the language?
>
>It is available for anonymous ftp from plains.nodak.edu.

Well, one small problem. According to plains.nodak.edu, there are NO
files or directories on their system. What's up?

Salvatore A. Buttice                 Before ^^^^^\_<sab121@psuvm.psu.edu>
Box 488                              May 1  _____/ <SAB121@PSUVM.BITNET>
Espyville, PA 16424                  After May 1--><sir-alan!salb@uunet.UU.NET>

knowles@inmet.inmet.com (04/10/90)

> Well, one small problem. According to plains.nodak.edu, there are NO
> files or directories on their system. What's up?

> Salvatore A. Buttice                 Before ^^^^^\_<sab121@psuvm.psu.edu>
> Box 488                              May 1  _____/ <SAB121@PSUVM.BITNET>
> Espyville, PA 16424                  After May 1--><sir-alan!salb@uunet.UU.NET>
It appears to me that 'ls' shows files only, not directories;
try 'ls -l' and a new world opens up.  'cd /pub/appleII' and
look at the directories there; you'll find the good stuff
(a few directories further down).

Dick Knowles		knowles@inmet.inmet.com
Intermetrics, Inc.	uunet!inmet!knowles
Cambridge, Ma.

greyelf@wpi.wpi.edu (Michael J Pender) (04/11/90)

In article <90099.164430SAB121@psuvm.psu.edu> SAB121@psuvm.psu.edu writes:

>Well, one small problem. According to plains.nodak.edu, there are NO
>files or directories on their system. What's up?

use ls -l.  not all ftp programs default to ls -l, the -l option
shows directories too...

---

glaeske@plains.UUCP (Brian Glaeske) (04/11/90)

In article <90099.164430SAB121@psuvm.psu.edu> SAB121@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>Well, one small problem. According to plains.nodak.edu, there are NO
>files or directories on their system. What's up?

For some odd reason (I'll have to have a talk with the system programmer),
to see the files here at plains.NoDak.edu, you need to type 'ls -l' not
just plains 'ls'.

Brian Glaeske
 -  /|                        glaeske@plains.NoDak.edu  [Internet]
  o.O`   --Ooop ACK!!         glaeske@plains            [BITNET  ]
=(___)=                       ..!uunet!plains!glaeske   [UUCP    ]