[comp.sys.apple2] Soundsmith & IIGS repair

c60c-3cw@web-3a.berkeley.edu (Allen Kelton) (04/10/90)

	I just got my ROM 01 GS back from the shop with a new motherboard
installed.  The new board has a modification.  There is a .5"x.5" circuit
board near the DOC at the front of the computer with a transistor and 3
resistors.  Does anybody know what it is for?

	I've sent out Soundsmith to everybody on my mailing list.  If you would
like to be put on the mailing list to receive Soundsmith 0.9 and any songs that
I receive, send mail to kelton@ocf.berkeley.edu.  If you are on the list and
didn't receive part or all of the files, send me mail, and include your address
at the bottom of the letter, preferably in Internet format.  The following
people resulted in errors, possibly, either an incorrect address, problems
with my mass mailing program, or my inexperience with the Usenet address.
If you're on the list, send me your correct address and the names of the parts
of the files that you did or didn't receive.

	ridges@blake.acs.washington.edu
	buchho@studsys.mu.edu
	GWO144@URIACC
	blackman@phoenix.princeton.edu
	gt6912b@prism.gatech.edu
	ihlpf!bird@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU

Can somebody describe the correct way for a Unix internet account to send mail
to a Usenet address from a Unix based Internet account?

P.S.- Songs and instruction on writing songs go out tomorrow after I make sure
      the mailing problems are worked out.

					Allen Kelton
					kelton@ocf.berkeley.edu

jetzer@studsys.mu.edu (Mike Jetzer) (04/11/90)

In article <1990Apr10.093536.1630@agate.berkeley.edu> c60c-3cw@web-3a.berkeley.edu (Allen Kelton) writes:
>	I just got my ROM 01 GS back from the shop with a new motherboard
>installed.  The new board has a modification.  There is a .5"x.5" circuit
>board near the DOC at the front of the computer with a transistor and 3
>resistors.  Does anybody know what it is for?

I work for an Apple Level I service shop during summer breaks, and I've
seen a few of these boards.  Very early versions of the GS motherboard
had these daughterboards on them.  They're supposed to be there, and
are not some sort of modification.

I'd almost be willing to bet that this board also has the //e type power
and keyboard connectors on them (in addition to the normal GS type
connectors).  These boards were designed to be able to be used in the
//e upgrade program.

--
Mike Jetzer
"Hack first, ask questions later."

chris@zork2.cc.binghamton.edu (Chris Peck) (04/12/90)

> I'd almost be willing to bet that this board also has the //e type power
> and keyboard connectors on them (in addition to the normal GS type
> connectors).  These boards were designed to be able to be used in the
> //e upgrade program.
>
> --
> Mike Jetzer

Speaking of this - is the //e upgrade program still available - or are
there any 3rd party
outfits that offer this motherboard???
-chris