[comp.sys.apple2] CarpetBag & AmericaOnline

shatara@memit.enet.dec.com (Chris Shatara) (04/09/90)

This weekend I installed CarpetBag V2.21 (latest version) and all seemed
fine until I tried to run AmericaOnline from my //gs.  I got the initial
screen with the AO LOGO and then I got a screen full of numbers with
something telling me to log the numbers into a test folder.  Well I
rebooted and again I've have the same results.  Removed carpetbag2.21,
rebooted and all seems fine.

Has anyone seen this or can they repeat it?

What is it about system 5.0x that makes NDA's darn near useless?

/chris
|        Chris Shatara       |      Internet:    shatara@memit.enet.dec.com |
|  Opinions expressed are    |      DEC Easynet: memit::shatara             |
|   mine and mine only!      |      UUCP:        ...!decwrl!memit!shatara   |

farrier@Apple.COM (Cary Farrier) (04/12/90)

In article <1514@mountn.dec.com> shatara@memit.enet.dec.com (Chris Shatara) writes:

>What is it about system 5.0x that makes NDA's darn near useless?

Nothing.  The problem is with NDA's that don't follow the rules, or have
bugs in them.

--
+---------------------------------------+---------------------------------+
| Cary Farrier                          | Internet  : farrier@apple.com   |

wogg0743@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (04/13/90)

Carpet Bag works in general with most products.

I've been trying to get enough info to figure out why it fails with the ones
it does, but unfortunately the programs which give it fits tend to be ones
I don't have.

As for Cary Farrier, he sounds pretty vindictive.  If he wants to write a
DA loading NDA, let him see how easy it is.  As for the integrity of
Apple's code--ha!  If you all are so bright, how come I've got multitasking
(works perfectly on most pre-5.0 programs, still flakey with newer ones)
and they don't.  Do it yourself first and then blame it on my programming.

humph

bg