[comp.sys.apple2] Finder's folder windows

evan@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Evan Ron Aussenberg) (04/13/90)

I was doing a buch of disk-disk & disk-folder copying this morning.
Suddenly I noticed some VERY different information in one of the
open folder windows, of one the disks that I had just copied to (and
renamed the copy the same as the original after ejecting the original).

What I saw was in the left of the info bar (to the left of "Files: xx")
and it looked like a little folder, a document icon and a pen icon drawn
in black with a red line going diagonaly through each.

When I closed the window my system crashed.  I haven't been able to replicate
the situation.

What was I seeing?  Something to do with AppleTalk (which I do not have)
maybe?  My system:  Apple IIgs (Rom11), 1.25meg (Apple), Vulcan 20meg,
3.5 Apple, 5.25 Apple (driver not installed).

  - Evan Ron Aussenberg / evan@unix.cis.pitt.edu / IN%"evan@pittvms.bitnet"

evan@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Evan Ron Aussenberg) (04/13/90)

In article <23524@unix.cis.pitt.edu> evan@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Evan Ron Aussenberg) writes:
             *I'm correcting a typo*

>What I saw was in the left of the info bar (to the left of "Files: xx")
                                                    ------------^
						    Should be "Items"

wombat@claris.com (Scott Lindsey) (04/14/90)

In article <23524@unix.cis.pitt.edu> evan@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Evan Ron Aussenberg) writes:

> I was doing a buch of disk-disk & disk-folder copying this morning.

> What I saw was in the left of the info bar (to the left of "Files: xx")
> and it looked like a little folder, a document icon and a pen icon drawn
> in black with a red line going diagonaly through each.

> When I closed the window my system crashed.  I haven't been able to replicate
> the situation.

> What was I seeing?

The icons you saw are used to display access priviliges for AppleShare volumes:
See folders, see files, make changes.  As to why you saw them... must be some
bug, obviously not a common one.

--
Scott Lindsey     | I dig iguana in their outer space duds
Claris Corp.      |    saying, "Aren't you glad we only eat bugs?"