[comp.sys.apple2] Incider stuff

lbotez@pro-sol.cts.com (Lynda Botez) (04/09/90)

A quick glance through Incider's latest issue reveals a couple of interesting
things.

First, Applied Engineering is advertising their new drive.  What's odd about
the ad is they keep mentioning the fact that it's "upgradable" to a 1.4 meg
drive that's high-density compatible.  I'd rather WAIT and see the drive when
it actually can handle the high-density.  Sounds interesting, though.

Second, they had a picture of an ad for the GS that Apple is running in
Russia.  In the same issue, Incider has a big article about a Russian Apple II
clone.

Third, it's interesting to note that three companies (two of them relatively
new) seem to be keeping Incider afloat, as far as ads are concerned:  Applied
Engineering, Ingenuity, and Vitesse.

Lynda

conway@pro-europa.cts.com (Conway Chen) (04/10/90)

Where did Vitesse come up.  It jsut seem to have sprouted.  One issue,
nothing.  Next issue, BANG!

UUCP: crash!pro-europa!conway
ARPA: crash!pro-europa!conway@nosc.mil
INET: conway@pro-europa.cts.com

skann@gnh-applesauce.cts.com (Steve Kann) (04/12/90)

        I believe that Vitesse sprouted from one of the bright fellows who left
(or was forced to leave) Ingenuity Inc. (formerly Applied Ingenuity).  They are
one of the few new companies dedicated to the Apple IIgs.

----------

Proline:skann@gnh-applesauce      <--- Preferred
America online: NYSteve
CI$:70265,1141
                                                 ************************
UUCP: !crash!pnet01!gnh-applesauce!skann         This is just my opinion!
INET: skann@gnh-applesauce.cts.com               ************************
ARPA: crash!pnet01!gnh-applesauce!skann@nosc.mil    "Don't blame me!"

 * Sent by AppleSauce BBS at Tue, 10 Apr 90 22:01:53

dale@pro-colony.cts.com (System Operator) (05/02/90)

>> First, Applied Engineering is advertising their new drive.  What's odd about
>> the ad is they keep mentioning the fact that it's "upgradable" to a 1.4 meg
>> drive that's high-density compatible.  I'd rather WAIT and see the drive when
>> it actually can handle the high-density.  Sounds interesting, though.
>
> If you read the ad closely, It state that the 1.4 meg HDC is for the MAC and
> you will get the stander 780K format for the IIgs. Something does not feel
> right about this.

You should re-read the ad.

It says that you can upgrade to 1.4 for the Mac and 1.44 for an Apple II (I
may have the numbers backwards as I don't have the ad in from on me right
now).

Also, it comes as a standard 800k drive not 780k.

     proline: dale@pro-colony
     uucp   : crash!pnet01!pro-colony!dale                    pro-colony
     inet   : crash!dale@pro-colony.cts.com                  214/625-7056
     arpa   : crash!pnet01!pro-colony!dale@nosc.mil