[comp.sys.apple2] posting 100 million billion trillion times!!!

mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com (Michael Quinn) (05/03/90)

>Go take a peek in new.announce.newusers and read...

I don't think We have that here.

>I just LVOE wasting time transmitting your neato ASCII graphics every time
you post.

And how many times, in all, have you seen it?  I've since, significatnly
reduced the size of it.

There probably was some kind of wierd fluke as to why that message was posted
here 32 times, but, at the time, I thought this software could surely handle
an error like that.  I'm more use to the 'fido' and 'opus' boards here in
Chattanooga, where an error like that has never happened (at least not one
that -I've- ever seen).  Did you stop to think at how much 'time' was wasted
RE-posting my 'big sig'?  I don't know how many people have done it now.  But
let's not argue about this anymore.  I've shortened my sig (after the FIRST
message that was written to me about it).
But you have to admit, there's a big difference between posting a message 32
times with a big sig in it and posting one message with a big sig in it.

WAIT!  I reallize now that that person probably only posted it once, but from
this side, it appeared that it was intentionally posted that many times.
Also, my message was mistakenly sent to the net, when it was intended to be
e-mail.
     __
    /  \
    |  |