[comp.sys.apple2] fuses

cwilson@NISC.SRI.COM (Chan Wilson) (05/03/90)

In article <9005011930.AA26778@en.ecn.purdue.edu> eldorado@EN.ECN.PURDUE.EDU (David D Jansen) writes:

>I was trying to connect a battery pack to my Apple IIc when I reversed the
>polarity and blew a fuse.  (TGIF) THANK GOD FOR FUSES!  Unfortunately, now
>I need to find a replacement.  It is a fuse with pigtails, and has "10" printed
>on it.  Is that 10 amps?  10 milliamps?  Anyone with a IIc tech manual or
>schematic?  A friend of mine thinks it is a type of fuse with is uni-directional
>meaning it will blow if the current is too high in one direction but won't
>blow if the current is flowing in the other direction.  Is there such a thing?
>Please send me email.  Thanks.

Which fuse are you talking about?  There is a fuse inside the //c that will
blow if you apply too much current or reverse polarity, but that doesn't quite
sound like the fuse you're talking about.  The fuse inside the case looks like
a resister, with a clear case...some markings of some sort on it.

Are these common fuses?  I blew the fuse inside my //c years ago, and couldn't
find hide-nor-hair mention of any fuses in the //c tech. manual. I finally
bypassed it with a car fuse.. :)  Still would like to replace it with the
real thing, though...

>Dave Jansen             |  INTERNET:  eldorado@en.ecn.purdue.edu

--Chan
    Chan Wilson -- cwilson@nisc.sri.com <!> I don't speak for SRI.
Janitor/Architect of comp.binaries.apple2 archive on wuarchive.wustl.edu
			      "a2fx it!"