[comp.sys.apple2] Future of Apple II line

bchurch@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Bob Church) (05/01/90)

In article <12724@smoke.BRL.MIL>, gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) writes:

> I don't know why you keep harping on the Amiga.  Apple is not going
> to be interested in fighting over such a puny piece of the market.

I was under the impression that the growing Amiga market was the *only*
reason the GS came out when it did. Hurry up and get something with
flashy demos on the showroom floor to impress the first time computer
buyers when they walk in. It seemed to work, too. The Amiga lost a lot
of steam after that. Of course, now that that's taken care of Apple can
get back to the Macintosh business and to hell with the GS.
You gotta admit, it explains a lot.

*   bob church  bchurch@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu                       *
*  If economics isn't an "exact" science why do computers crash    *
*  so much more often than the stock market?                       *
*                                          bc                      *

toddpw@tybalt.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (05/04/90)

bchurch@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Bob Church) writes:

>In article <12724@smoke.BRL.MIL>, gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>>
>> I don't know why you keep harping on the Amiga.  Apple is not going
>> to be interested in fighting over such a puny piece of the market.

>I was under the impression that the growing Amiga market was the *only*
>reason the GS came out when it did. Hurry up and get something with
>flashy demos on the showroom floor to impress the first time computer
>buyers when they walk in. It seemed to work, too. The Amiga lost a lot
>of steam after that. Of course, now that that's taken care of Apple can
>get back to the Macintosh business and to hell with the GS.
>You gotta admit, it explains a lot.

No comment on that last bit... :)

Apple ought to take a GOOD LONG LOOK at the A3000...

They might learn something about how to make better Macs.

90% could be applied to the IIGS, as well... read my //f paper. (Email me).

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu