[comp.sys.apple2] UMM. copyright problems...

VS83F8@UMKCVAX3.BITNET (05/05/90)

>Ok guyz, I posted Nagel #24 (or was it #22)  .. I my point of view, it
>is the best one..  CLEAN.. and PRETTY..  It is for use with
>Deskpicture the INIT or Color CDEV.  The colors and all are perfectly
>matched with the Finder's palette.  If you want more, just ask..
>but I don't want to upload an entire disk.  Have FUN!

Umm, "guyz,"  Nagel's stuff is copyrighted and his family
has contacted most bbs's and online services to threaten
lawsuits if electronic images of his work are not removed
and deleted.  We might need to be a little more careful
what gets posted into the archives.

Also on the no-no list are UP and AP news service syndicated
cartoons (doonseberry, calvin and hobbes, garfield, etc). These
guys came down pretty hard on some local boards, so I'm sure
they would *not* appreciate archive postings of these works
either.

>Apple IIgs RULES!!!
Yes, I'm beginning to get that opinion.

Jonathan.

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (05/08/90)

In article <9005050404.AA22673@apple.com> VS83F8@UMKCVAX3.BITNET writes:
>Umm, "guyz,"  Nagel's stuff is copyrighted ...
>Also on the no-no list are UP and AP news service syndicated cartoons ...

Indeed, most works of art are protected by copyright,
and even an arrangement of sheet music for Music Studio
posted to a bulletin board or information service violates
the legal rights of the writers/publishers.  (If ASCAP and
BMI haven't yet pursued legal actions, I expect that they
will some day soon.)  I don't understand how the sysops
of such services could have failed to realize that..