[comp.sys.apple2] static zapping

nagendra@bucsf.bu.edu (nagendra mishr) (05/09/90)

here's one for you guys.
I had a pair of headphones plugged into the sound port on my GS and I was
playing a real neat graphic arcade game.  But as you know dust makes the
screen look dull, so I tried to do a quick wipe of the screen with my
hands, and then zap, I had a static discharge from my ears to my headset!
If you think touching a doorknob is annoying, try getting hit in the ears!

Anyone know if there are antistatic headphones?

:)

nagendra

aj0@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Eric Mulholland) (05/10/90)

In article <NAGENDRA.90May9114346@bucsf.bu.edu> nagendra@bucsf.bu.edu (nagendra mishr) writes:
>I had a pair of headphones plugged into the sound port on my GS and I was
>playing a real neat graphic arcade game.  But as you know dust makes the
>screen look dull, so I tried to do a quick wipe of the screen with my
>hands, and then zap, I had a static discharge from my ears to my headset!

    So it does it from the headphone jack too huh.  I have been zapped
(several times) with my headphones plugged into my supersonic stero card.
It's amazing how quickly habbits can change with something like this.
I always fear more for the computer than myself, I heal easier.
--
     ____
 Y_,_|[]|   Eric Mulholland