[comp.sys.apple2] //e -> //gs upgrade

finder@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Cris Breece) (05/25/90)

Did Apple ever offer an upgrade for replacing a //e motherboard with a
//gs motherboard??

UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, uunet!rosevax, chinet, killer}!orbit!pnet51!finder
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!finder@nosc.mil
INET: finder@pnet51.cts.com

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (05/25/90)

In article <2499@orbit.cts.com> finder@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Cris Breece) writes:
>Did Apple ever offer an upgrade for replacing a //e motherboard with a
>//gs motherboard??

Yes, when the IIGS was first produced there was also a IIGS upgrade kit
for the //e.  I don't know if that is still available.

In article <2499@orbit.cts.com> finder@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Cris Breece) writes:
>Did Apple ever offer an upgrade for replacing a //e motherboard with a
>//gs motherboard??

	Yes they did, and I think they still do.

	My GS is a GS in //e clothing, so to speak. (That is, I upgraded).

	Hope us //e-->GS upgraders are not going to be left out of a ROM04
upgrade for some case size problem or something..

--
 /_\  |__| |    __|    |_|  |_  \  / |_|   |    unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu       |