[comp.sys.apple2] Star Wars Demo

crew@pro-harvest.cts.com (Chris Wicklein) (06/05/90)

   My memory ain't super, but wasn't it said that Apple did the Star Wars demo
using their own, secret, non-standard methods, and that it was unlikely
someone else could. I suppose they could have CUSTOMIZED the DMA SCSI card
for the demo (although I haven't the foggiest how).

ARPA: crash!pro-harvest!crew@nosc.mil
INET: crew@pro-harvest.cts.com    BITNET: crew%pro-harvest.cts.com
UUCP: crash!pro-harvest!crew

"This message is strictly fact or my opinion."

mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com (Michael Quinn) (06/11/90)

>I suppose they could have CUSTOMIZED the DMA SCSI card for the demo...

I'm >ALMOST< positive that they customized the SOFTWARE that controlled the
card, not the card itself.  That would be bordering on, if not crossing the
line of false advertisement if they used a customized card.  I had always
heard that it was the software though.

| mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com  |
| Artist GS+ Magazine        |