[comp.sys.apple2] SHR viewer

j_p@pro-lep.cts.com (Jason Perez) (06/08/90)

   Is there a way to display type $C0 SHR pics (the kind the Dpaint II
produces) from Applesoft Basic??  I can display $C1 uncompressed pics, but not
type $C1 pics.
_____

UUCP: crash!pro-lep!j_p
ARPA: crash!pro-lep!j_p@nosc.mil
Dont' have a cow man!!
INET: j_p@pro-lep.cts.com

mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com (Michael Quinn) (06/11/90)

>   Is there a way to display type $c0 SHR pics (the kind the Dpaint II
>produces) form Applesoft BASIC??  I can display $C! uncompressed pics, but
>not type $C1 pics.

(I think in that last line, you mean "$C0"?)  Anyway, you'd have to get the
docs on how those $C0 (compressed) pics are compressed and write a routine to
uncompress them after you've loaded them into memory, then move the
uncompressed data to the $E12000 bank of memory.  I think there's a tool
(PackBytes?) that will pack and unpack chunks of bytes and if I remember
correctly, those $C0 pics are packed with this tool.  Any know?
| mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com  |
| Artist GS+ Magazine        |