[comp.sys.apple2] Home Finance Programs?

knowles@inmet.inmet.com (06/06/90)

I'd like to get a new home financial program for my
Apple //e, so I'm looking for opinions.  I've been
using Time Is Money for about 4 years (does that even
exist now?) and I'd like to get something more
flexible.  In particular, I'd like to be able to get
selected data into Appleworks format so I can more
easily do my taxes there, along with general juggling
and 'what if' attempts.  This note requests any
opinions at all.  If someone is into counseling and
wants more details about needs, send me some email and
we'll chat.  Thanks for any help.

Dick Knowles		knowles@inmet.inmet.com
Intermetrics, Inc.	uunet!inmet!knowles
Cambridge, Ma.

mikeu@pro-magic.cts.com (Mike Ungerman) (06/09/90)

Mecca's Managing Your Money is just about the most complete home financial
program I've run across.  In additon to the usually budget checkbook thing, it
contains a data base/card file, portfolio manager, insurance manager, tax
estimator and net worth/home inventory module.

More than worth every penny I've spent on it, at tax time and for other
extractions of financial and personal data.

My only complaint is the IBM version is more robust than the Apple ][ (I have
both), containing a built in word processor and true interface to their tax
program.
Mike Ungerman                      |Proline:mikeu@pro-magic
Pro-Magic BBS: 407-366-0156        |uucp:crash!pnet01!pro-magic!mikeu
300/1200/2400/9600 Baud 24hrs      |arpa:crash!pnet01!pro-magic!mikeu@nosc.mil
Apple Tree of Central Florida, Inc |Internet:mikeu@pro-magic.cts.com
Orlando, Florida|Voice:407-366-0060|Compuserve:71326,31 Prodigy: JSNP58A

daveharv@pro-novapple.cts.com (Dave Harvey) (06/11/90)

I'm very pleased with Andrew Tobia's Managing Your Money.  I've used it for
about a year and a half and find it a very good conprehensive home finance
program.  It has some limitations such as not being able to print reports 132
columns wide but all in all it does an adequate job.  It also has a nice
feature of being to export using the DIF file format into AppleWorks
spreadsheet.  There's supposed to be a new version coming out soon.  BTW, if
you do get it, don't bother with the optional extra of getting a newsletter.
I think I paid about $35 for this extra and it been a disappointment.  The
newsletters so far have been filled with extra stuff that bears no relation at
all with the program.  A real waste.  That would not stop me from buying the
program, however.

proline: pro-novapple!daveharv                    |
uucp: crash!pnet01!pro-novapple!daveharv          |   Pro-novapple BBS
arpa: crash!pnet01!pro-novapple!daveharv@nosc.mil |  300/1200/2400/9600 Baud
Internet: daveharv@pro-novapple.cts.com           |    703-671-0415

Northern Virginia Apple Users Group               |
P.O. Box 8211, Falls Church, VA 22041             |