[comp.sys.apple2] Font Munger for IIGS

rnf@shumv1.ncsu.edu (Rick Fincher) (06/12/90)

I'm trying to convert a Gujariti font (Indian) from the Mac to the Apple IIGS.
I have FontAsm but it needs the Font Munger utility to work.  Anyone have a
copy of this or know another way to convert a Mac Font to the IIGS.

Thanks!

Rick Fincher
rnf@shumv1.ncsu.edu

In article <1990Jun12.011420.14096@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> rnf@shumv1.ncsu.edu (Rick Fincher) writes:
>I'm trying to convert a Gujariti font (Indian) from the Mac to the Apple IIGS.
>I have FontAsm but it needs the Font Munger utility to work.  Anyone have a
>copy of this or know another way to convert a Mac Font to the IIGS.

	It's probably dumb for me to say this as it shows my total lack
of knowledge on the subject.. and I might be just plain wrong, but..

	In my brief perusals of the ToolBox manuals (1&2) I remember reading
something that described the Mac fonts vs. the IIGS fonts.. It seemed that
the only difference was that one field that the Mac had at the beginning
of a font file was not used on the GS.. Thus it would be easy to convert.

	Maybe you can look it up and get some useful info out of this
idea.

--
 /_\  |__| |    __|(GS) |_| |_  \  / |_|   |    unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu       |