[comp.sys.apple2] Kermit for appleII

WILLY@BUCLLN11.BITNET ("Willy Trappeniers ", Unit System Manager) (06/08/90)

   Our  IBM main-frame  will in  a  couple of  months no  longer support  1380
emulation, they  migrate to 7171.  We still have  some appleII's with  a Super
Serial Card based on the 6551 acia and a self-written (line by line) emulator.
We use the apples as data-loggers,  and need data transfer by file downloading
between them an the main-frame.
   To work fine with 7171 (full page) emulator we need PF-key emulation to.
   We have Kermit on the main-frame for IBM-pc and Macintosh emulation.

My questions:
-Do somebody  knows about  some AppleII-Kermit(6551)  -> IBM7171 emulator.
-Do we need other Kermit-settings on the main-frame.
Acknowledge-To: <WILLY@BUCLLN11.BITNET>

GRAY@ADMIN.HumberC.ON.CA (Kelly Gray) (06/09/90)

You can get some information on the latest version of Kermit from the
server on CUVMA.
Send a mail message to KERMSRV@CUVMA with the word help as the message
text, that will get you a file with more details on how to go about
getting files from the Server. I believe that the file APPNEW contains
news about the latest version of Kermit for the Apple. (I haven't gotten
that file back from the server - yet)

<o_o>
Kelly Gray (GRAY@ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA)

bchurch@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Bob Church) (06/13/90)

In article <9006081056.aa21397@VGR.BRL.MIL>, WILLY@BUCLLN11.BITNET ("Willy Trappeniers ", Unit System Manager) writes:

> My questions:
> -Do somebody  knows about  some AppleII-Kermit(6551)  -> IBM7171 emulator.
> -Do we need other Kermit-settings on the main-frame.
> Acknowledge-To: <WILLY@BUCLLN11.BITNET>

Kermit 3.8x ( I prefer 3.82 ) works great with the 7171 emulator that I
go through when I log on to the local IBM. The PF are emulated by pressing
escape and then the appropriate number key. PF (or is it just F?) 1 is
escape 1. escape - and escape = emulate PF11 and PF12.

*   bob church  bchurch@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu                       *
*  If economics isn't an "exact" science why do computers crash    *
*  so much more often than the stock market?                       *
*                                          bc                      *