[comp.sys.apple2] Bug in GS/OS

chin@ankh.ftl.fl.us (Albert Chin) (06/13/90)

There is a bug in GS/OS that causes programs developed under ORCA/C that
have arrays larger than 64K to clobber themselves when compiled. To fix
this bug you MUST delete all .a, .root, .exe files before compiling.

It seems that GS/OS appends the new compile onto the old compile without
deleting the old files. The reason is because of the way GS/OS handles
the data forks, according to Mike Westerfield. Apple is aware of the
problem and will hopefully fix it soon.

wombat@claris.com (Scott Lindsey) (06/14/90)

In article <355@ankh.ftl.fl.us> chin@ankh.ftl.fl.us (Albert Chin) writes:

> It seems that GS/OS appends the new compile onto the old compile without
> deleting the old files. The reason is because of the way GS/OS handles
> the data forks, according to Mike Westerfield. Apple is aware of the
> problem and will hopefully fix it soon.

GS/OS does?  The compiler doesn't?  Can you be more specific about what the
bug is?  (Enquiring minds want to know :-)  In my experience, GS/OS has been
very good about doing what it's documented as doing.  The tools are another
matter... :-)

--
Scott Lindsey     | I dig iguana in their outer space duds
Claris Corp.      |    saying, "Aren't you glad we only eat bugs?"