[comp.sys.apple2] HP DeskJet

garym@pro-fishunt.cts.com (Gary McClain) (06/09/90)

Anyone know of the posibility of using a HP DeskJet with AppleWorks 3.0 or
WordPerfect for the IIE on a IIE or IIC+? Is there drivers for another printer
that would work for the DeskJet. DB Master is the only Apple II program I know
that comes with drivers for the DeskJet.

Any info appreciated!

Thanks!

ProFisHunt BBS      |  ProLine: garym@pro-fishunt
 614/775-2056       | INTERNET: crash!garym@pro-fishunt.cts.com
   2400 bps         |     UUCP: crash!pro-fishunt!garym@nosc.mil
Thanks Veterans!    |   BITNET: garym%pro-fishunt.cts.com@nosc.mil

mmunz@pro-beagle.cts.com (Mark Munz) (06/12/90)

I don't know of any DeskJet drivers, but I believe there is a Grappler
something or other that will let you use the DeskJet as an ImageWriter LQ.
It's designed for the Mac.. so it probably would only work on a IIc+ or IIgs
(because of the din cables used)

lyle@netcom.UUCP (Lyle Fong) (06/14/90)

mmunz@pro-beagle.cts.com (Mark Munz) writes:

>I don't know of any DeskJet drivers, but I believe there is a Grappler
>something or other that will let you use the DeskJet as an ImageWriter LQ.
>It's designed for the Mac.. so it probably would only work on a IIc+ or IIgs
>(because of the din cables used)

Well..  a Deskjet/HP Laserjet driver is supposed to be coming out within
the next few weeks..  By the author of the Imagewriter.Fast driver.
In case you don't know, the Imagewriter.Fast driver is FASTER than
any Imagewriter driver currently out.. many times faster than even the
Imagewriter.CL driver!  I forgot his name, but his first name is Bill.
He said the new HP Drivers as well as an improved version of the
Imagewriter driver will be out in less than a month.  All his drivers
have been PD/Shareware (forgot which) so far.  He also has written
Parallel drivers for the IIgs for 4 different Parallel cards..
As someone stated.. "There really is a Santa Claus in this world!"

--

- America Online - Lyle Fong
- OggNET         - Corned Beef (#317/Dragon's Lair)

seah@ee.rochester.edu (David Seah) (06/14/90)

In article <13325@netcom.UUCP> lyle@netcom.UUCP (Lyle Fong) writes:
>mmunz@pro-beagle.cts.com (Mark Munz) writes:

>Well..  a Deskjet/HP Laserjet driver is supposed to be coming out within
>the next few weeks..  By the author of the Imagewriter.Fast driver.
>In case you don't know, the Imagewriter.Fast driver is FASTER than
>any Imagewriter driver currently out.. many times faster than even the
>Imagewriter.CL driver!  I forgot his name, but his first name is Bill.

By golly, that's Bill Heineman, the famed "Headless Programmer" who appeared
in Tass Times in Tone Town!  Otherwise known as "Burger Bill", this dude
wrote Dragon Wars, the GS versions of Bard's Tale (methinks) and
BattleChess.  He held the World Speed Record for Fastest Transwarp GS on
Earth...I don't know about right now :-)

And no, I don't know him personally...I've just seen his posts up and
around America Online.
--
Dave Seah |       Omnidyne Systems-M         | INET: seah@ee.rochester.edu

gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gregory Ross Thompson) (06/14/90)

lyle@netcom.UUCP (Lyle Fong) writes:
> mmunz@pro-beagle.cts.com (Mark Munz) writes:
>
> the next few weeks..  By the author of the Imagewriter.Fast driver.
> In case you don't know, the Imagewriter.Fast driver is FASTER than
> any Imagewriter driver currently out.. many times faster than even the
> Imagewriter.CL driver!  I forgot his name, but his first name is Bill.

  Could someone put this ImageWriter.Fast driver on comp.binaries for
me?  I'm gettin REALLY tired of the standard one...

		-Greg T.