[comp.sys.apple2] Ingenuity's VCR backup

spinner@wpi.wpi.edu (Bevan R S Wang) (04/12/90)

	I was wondering if anyone on the Net has tried Ingenuity's VCR back
	up yet... sounds interesting.  (sounds cheap!)
	Any comments?

	Thanks
	Bevna Wang

 _________________________________________ ___________________________________
|                                         |                                   |
|       -        Bevan R.S. Wang          |  Internet:  spinner@wpi.wpi.edu   |
|      --=       WPI Box 1866             |  America Online: Bevan Wang       |
|     ---==      100 Institute Road       |___________________________________|
|    ----===     Worcester, Ma 01609      |                                   |
|   -----====                             | Nous avons tous assez de force    |
|  ------=====   Telephone: 508/792-5542  | pour supporter les maux d'autrui! |
|_________________________________________|___________________________________|

TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL (06/12/90)

I never received any answer from the last time I posted this so I
thought I'd try again.  Has anybody had any experience (good or bad)
with Ingenuity Inc's VCR backup that they can report on?

TMPLee@dockmaster.ncsc.mil

rankins@argentina.crd.ge.com (raymond r rankins) (06/13/90)

In article <900611221803.306673@DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL> TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL writes:
>I never received any answer from the last time I posted this so I
>thought I'd try again.  Has anybody had any experience (good or bad)
>with Ingenuity Inc's VCR backup that they can report on?

You probably haven't heard anything because it hasn't been
released yet.

I called Ingenuity a couple of weeks ago, and apparently the
release date has been pushed back a couple of months more again.

I had heard that their key programmer for this product left Ing.
and formed Vitesse, Inc.  I guess they have had trouble getting
someone to fill his shoes.

I just wish they would stop advertising as if it were available (and
that mail order companies wouldn't list it until they had it.

From what I've heard, it does a file backup, will handle all of GS/OS
file types, and backs up 100 MB to a standard 2 hour tape.

Ray

--
Ray Rankins          |(518) 387-7340 | INTERNET: rankins@argentina.crd.ge.com
2 Moonglow Rd.       |(518) 583-3320 | COMPUSERVE: 71131,3236

jerryk@pro-tcc.cts.com (Jerry E. Kindall) (06/14/90)

Re: mail order companies listing the VCR backup before they have it...

Well, the ads are prepared 2 months in advance, usually, so the mail-order
company may strongly believe that a product will be in stock because of
promises from the manufacturer.

In Ingenuity's case, they made their dealers kind of mad by undercutting their
dealer's prices.  Sort of a rude way of saying "hey, we don't need you
anymore, go away" and selling direct instead of through dealers.

Disclaimer: I work for Quality Computers.  Take any comments about the
            mail-order business in light of this fact.
   _____
  ||___||  Jerry Kindall               |  Internet: jerryk@pro-tcc.cts.com
  |  o  |  1139 Maryland               |  UUCP:     nosc!crash!pro-tcc!jerryk
  |__O__|  Grosse Pointe, MI  48230    |  GEnie: A2.JERRY     ALine: A2 Jerry