[comp.sys.apple2] Screen Capture For the Apple IIGS

ckirie@csg.UWaterloo.CA (Chris Irie) (06/15/90)

Hi. I am trying to do a screen capture on a GS. I'd like the output
to be a MacPaint file (or something vaguely similar) because the
screen capture is going to be put into a Mac document.

Any idea how I do this? (ie. what software do I need to do the capturing?)

Thank-you for your time...

    -- Chris Irie  (ckirie@csg.uwaterloo.ca)

throoph@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU (Henry Throop) (06/16/90)

In article <1990Jun15.144126.2426@maytag.waterloo.edu> ckirie@csg.UWaterloo.CA (Chris Irie) writes:

>Hi. I am trying to do a screen capture on a GS. I'd like the output
>to be a MacPaint file (or something vaguely similar) because the
>screen capture is going to be put into a Mac document.
>
>Any idea how I do this? (ie. what software do I need to do the capturing?)

Real easy to do.  There are a couple of CDAs and INITs available to save
the screen; you should be able to ftp them from one of the ftp sites.
Alternatively, to you do it from BASIC:

 - Get picture on screen and reboot under ProDOS 8 to BASIC.SYSTEM.

 - Create a file to store the picture in (CREATE PIC, T$C1).

 - Pull the screen up on the screen (CALL -151, then C029: C1).

 - Move it down to bank 0 (00/1000<E1/2000.E1/9FFFM).

 - And save it (BSAVE PIC, T$C1, A$1000, L$7FFF).

Note that this saves simply as a $C1 uncompressed image.  If you need it
in $C0 format, you can load the $C1 file with something like PW Gold and
then resave it as Apple Preferred.

>    -- Chris Irie  (ckirie@csg.uwaterloo.ca)

Henry
---