[comp.sys.apple2] using mac simms in a GS

m.tiernan@pro-angmar.UUCP (Michael Tiernan) (06/27/90)

The MAC SIMMs will work using an OctoRAM memory card from MDIdeas.  Works damn
well too.

<< MCT >>

GEnie       : M.Tiernan
AppleLinkPE : M Tiernan or BCS Mike
Internet    : pro-angmar!m.tiernan@alphalpha.com
UUCP        : ...!uunet!alphalpha!pro-angmar!m.tiernan

"And the sweating of their souls can't wash the blood from off their hands."
                                                                  - Phil Ochs

shawn@marilyn.UUCP (Shawn P. Stanley) (06/28/90)

In article <297@flight.UUCP> george@flight.UUCP (George Rachor ) writes:
>From article <13053.netnews.info-apple@pro-novapple>, by tedm@pro-novapple.cts.com (Ted McGlohn):
>> "GS Sauce" is the only GS SIMM card on the market.  Harris Labs makes the
>> card...
>...From what I could tell I couldn't order this board without memory.

I got mine without memory, and bought my memory elsewhere.  If the company
you're trying to deal with won't sell the board to you without memory, call
up someone else who sells the board.  Or call Harris Labs and see who their
vendors are, and report any who refused to sell without memory.
--
Shawn P. Stanley         shawn@marilyn.marilyn.mn.org
bungia!marilyn!shawn     {rosevax,crash}!orbit!marilyn!shawn

crew@pro-harvest.cts.com (Chris Wicklein) (06/29/90)

   The OctoRAM card supports DMA with the first 4Mb. The second 4Mb aren't DMA
compatible, but they make a kick RAM disk. This card was (I think) canned.
MDIdeas has (again, I think) dropped support for the Apple IIgs. Get 'em while
ya can!

ARPA: crash!pro-harvest!crew@nosc.mil
INET: crew@pro-harvest.cts.com    BITNET: crew%pro-harvest.cts.com
UUCP: crash!pro-harvest!crew

"This message is strictly fact or my opinion."

daveharv@pro-novapple.cts.com (Dave Harvey) (06/29/90)

> >"GS Sauce" is the only GS SIMM card on the market.  Harris Labs makes the

> WHOA!!! LIKE TOTALLY WRONG!  OctoRAM (by MDIdeas) was the first SIMM

Read carefully what he said!  OctoRAM is out of business and from all
indications will stay so.  So GS Sauce is the only GS SIMM card on the market.
I think most people would agree that a card not being currently marketed
doesn't qualify for being defined as "on the market".

proline: pro-novapple!daveharv                    |
uucp: crash!pnet01!pro-novapple!daveharv          |   Pro-novapple BBS
arpa: crash!pnet01!pro-novapple!daveharv@nosc.mil |  300/1200/2400/9600 Baud
Internet: daveharv@pro-novapple.cts.com           |    703-671-0416

Northern Virginia Apple Users Group               |
P.O. Box 8211, Falls Church, VA 22041             |

asd@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Kareth) (06/30/90)

In article <13198.netnews.info-apple@pro-novapple> daveharv@pro-novapple.cts.com (Dave Harvey) writes:

>> >"GS Sauce" is the only GS SIMM card on the market.  Harris Labs makes the
>
>> WHOA!!! LIKE TOTALLY WRONG!  OctoRAM (by MDIdeas) was the first SIMM

>Read carefully what he said!  OctoRAM is out of business and from all
>indications will stay so.  So GS Sauce is the only GS SIMM card on the market.
>I think most people would agree that a card not being currently marketed
>doesn't qualify for being defined as "on the market".

Well, I apologize for not keeping abreast of all companies current
standings.  The "MDIdeas is dead" thing has been floating around for
awhile now, with a lot of folks saying YEAH/NEAH.  Besides, I don't know
if this is still true, but I was still seeing it advertised mail-order
long after those rumors popped up, and when last I checked, I could
still find it mail-order.  Probably folks just selling off their stock
tho.

-k