[comp.sys.apple2] Modem - //e HELP!

reeder@reed.bitnet (Doug Reeder,,,2343817) (06/30/90)

In article <2845@tellab5.tellabs.com> heitke@tellabs.com (Steve Heitke) writes:
>  My problem is
>when I have my serial card in printer mode I can talk to my
>modem but when I switch the serial card to modem mode, like
>it should be, I can't talk to the modem.

    Switching the super serial card from communication mode to printer mode
does the equivalent of putting in a null modem, i.e. it makes the serial card
look like a modem (DCE) instead of a computer (DTE).  Your modem-computer
cable is thus a bit unusual (DCE to DCE), but you don't have a problem: just
leave the card on printer mode.

Doug Reeder                                   USENET: ...!tektronix!reed!reeder
from ARPA: tektronix!reed!reeder@berkeley.EDU BITNET: reeder@reed.BITNET
7th: Each swallow works hard to be perfect pilot-provider-builder-trainer-
teacher-lover-mate,no half-true hate!   - Dr.Brommer's 18-in-1 Pure Castile Soap