[comp.sys.apple2] Any examples of Sweet16 code out there?

gl8f@astsun.astro.Virginia.EDU (Greg Lindahl) (06/29/90)

I was flipping through my 1978 Apple ][ Reference Manual last night,
and I was wondering if there are any examples of Sweet16 code out
there? Anyone ever write a compiler for it?

--
"Perhaps I'm commenting a bit cynically, but I think I'm qualified to."
                                              - Dan Bernstein

THINGVOL@LAX.WISC.EDU (06/29/90)

Back in 1976 (or 77 or 78??) in Byte, there was an article about Sweet16
by The Woz. Look it up. You might be lucky if your library has a copy of it
or microfilm of early Byte issues.

karlb@pro-angmar.UUCP (Karl Bunker) (07/02/90)

> I was flipping through my 1978 Apple ][ Reference Manual last night,
> and I was wondering if there are any examples of Sweet16 code out
> there? Anyone ever write a compiler for it?

There's a very good article on Sweet 16 in the May, 1990 issue of 8/16, an
excellent magazine covering all types of Apple II programming.
8/16, c/o Ariel Publishing, Inc.
P.O. Box 398
Pateros, WA 98846
$29.95/year

rond@pro-grouch.cts.com (Ron Dippold) (07/04/90)

> I was flipping through my 1978 Apple ][ Reference Manual last night,
> and I was wondering if there are any examples of Sweet16 code out
> there? Anyone ever write a compiler for it?

LISA (Sierra Online) did Sweet 16...

UUCP: crash!pro-grouch!rond
ARPA: crash!pro-grouch!rond@nosc.mil
INET: rond@pro-grouch.cts.com

toddpw@tybalt.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (07/07/90)

I believe merlin also compiled sweet-16 opcodes (you had to enable them with a
pseudo-op). I don't know if they still support the feature but I've got an
ancient DOS merlin that does.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu

paul@athertn.Atherton.COM (Paul Sander) (07/10/90)

In article <2800.apple.net2@pro-grouch> rond@pro-grouch.cts.com (Ron Dippold) writes:
>> I was flipping through my 1978 Apple ][ Reference Manual last night,
>> and I was wondering if there are any examples of Sweet16 code out
>> there? Anyone ever write a compiler for it?
>LISA (Sierra Online) did Sweet 16...

Apple's DOS Toolkit and ProDOS Assember Tools diskettes contain an assembler
that translated Sweet16 source code, in addition to 6502 and 65C02 code.  The
bad news is that the packages did not include a linker or librarian, nor did
they have good macro capabilities.
--
Paul Sander        (408) 734-9822  | Wisdom is beyond price, my son.  Be
paul@Atherton.COM                  | grateful that you have it.

tiburon@mcshh.hanse.de (Tim Berndt) (07/13/90)

rond@pro-grouch.cts.com (Ron Dippold) writes:
>> I was flipping through my 1978 Apple ][ Reference Manual last night,
>> and I was wondering if there are any examples of Sweet16 code out
>> there? Anyone ever write a compiler for it?
>LISA (Sierra Online) did Sweet 16...
BIG MAC/MERLIN too, I beleave.
(it's a while ago that I had to deal with that software...)
 Tim