[comp.sys.apple2] This happen to you?: Qix GS hangs my machine

mccann@plains.NoDak.edu (Lester I. McCann) (07/09/90)

I just purchased Qix for the IIgs.  In about 5 playings, the game has hung
on me twice, once in the middle of a personal high score game (grrr...).
Anyone else experience this problem?  I'd like to know if there's an
updated version available before I mail off a politely-worded nasty note
to Taito.  This is the sort of problem that should have been caught in
beta-testing.  (Apart from this problem, I really like the GS version.)

Lester McCann
mccann@plains.nodak.edu

P.S.  Yes, I have more than enough free memory, and I don't have any unusual
hardware in my machine.

rck@george.CES.CWRU.Edu (Robert Knauerhase) (07/13/90)

In article <5246@plains.UUCP> mccann@plains.NoDak.edu (Lester I. McCann) writes:
>I just purchased Qix for the IIgs.  In about 5 playings, the game has hung
>on me twice, once in the middle of a personal high score game (grrr...).
>Anyone else experience this problem?  I'd like to know if there's an
>updated version available before I mail off a politely-worded nasty note
>to Taito.  This is the sort of problem that should have been caught in
>beta-testing.  (Apart from this problem, I really like the GS version.)

After waiting since last August for the game toe released, I bought a copy
mail-order three days after Taito finally offered it for sale [Qix is the
only arcade game I ever considered plunking quarters into :) ].  So, since
January (February?) I have played the game and never had a crash.  I have
heard heard nothing about an update, but I also haven't asked about one...

I highly recommend the game to anyone who likes a game that combines
arcade reflexes with thoughtful planning ahead.

>Lester McCann
>mccann@plains.nodak.edu

Rob Knauerhase
|Robert C. Knauerhase                          [new alumnus]              |
|   rck@ces.cwru.edu,knauer@cwru.bitnet | Case Western Reserve University |
|   knauer@scivax.lerc.nasa.gov         | NASA Lewis Research Center      |
|   "Computers are different from telephones.  Computers do not ring."    |
|                    -- A. Tanenbaum, "Computer Networks", p. 32          |