[comp.sys.apple2] GSOS 3.02

heather@merlin.bcm.tmc.edu (Heather Mayor) (07/09/90)

Since putting GSOS 3.02 on my student machine I'm unable to run
Music Studio 2.0 or Paintworks Gold 1.5.  Music Studio reverts to
Finder and Gold goes to the opening pic and freezes.  Both these
programs were fine under the first issue of System 5.
This machine has an Octram card with 2 megs, a number of desktop
accessories and a printer buffer for Imagewriter 2.
I reinstalled 'new system files' over the resident older system 5.
My programs are on an external CMS hard drive with s SCSI card in
slot 7.  Everything was fine with the older system 5 except ofcource
Appleworks GS.
Any suggestions?
HDM

philip@utstat.uucp (Philip McDunnough) (07/13/90)

In article <1312@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> heather@merlin.bcm.tmc.edu (Heather Mayor) writes:
>Since putting GSOS 3.02 on my student machine I'm unable to run
>Music Studio 2.0 or Paintworks Gold 1.5.  Music Studio reverts to
>Finder and Gold goes to the opening pic and freezes.  Both these
>programs were fine under the first issue of System 5.

I have Music Studio 2.0 and 2.01. Both run fine using System 5.02 . You must
put the Waves folder on the boot disk(not in the Music Studio folder). You
can get 2.01 from Triton I believe. I haven't noticed a difference however.
Neither supports NDA's,etc...

Philip McDunnough
University of Toronto
[my opinions]