[comp.sys.apple2] 3200 color IIgs pictures

duerksen@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Joel L. Duerksen) (07/08/90)

Recently there were some 3200 color pictures put on one of the archive
sites I don't remember if they were ever posted.  Does anyone know how
to display these?  I've tried Paintworks, Shrconvert, etc. no luck.
Thanks,

Joel Duerksen

USnail: 1708 W. Glenn Ellyn Dr., East Apt., Muncie, IN. 47304
  AT&T: 1-317-289-0430         ICBM: 85 24 31 W / 40 12 16 N
  UUCP: <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!duerksen
  ARPA: duerksen@bsu-cs.bsu.edu

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (07/08/90)

In article <11410@bsu-cs.bsu.edu> duerksen@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Joel L. Duerksen) writes:
>Recently there were some 3200 color pictures put on one of the archive
>sites I don't remember if they were ever posted.  Does anyone know how
>to display these?  I've tried Paintworks, Shrconvert, etc. no luck.

You have to use a special program designed specifically for that format.
It requires practically all the (non-TWGS) IIGS cycles to keep up, as it
switches the color table for each scan line (using scan-line interrupt).

You should find such a program somewhere in the vicinity of the picture
files; they're usually posted together.

bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (Bob Lindabury) (07/13/90)

> In article <11410@bsu-cs.bsu.edu> duerksen@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Joel L. Duerksen) writes:
>> Recently there were some 3200 color pictures put on one of the archive
>> sites I don't remember if they were ever posted.  Does anyone know how
>> to display these?  I've tried Paintworks, Shrconvert, etc. no luck.
>
> You have to use a special program designed specifically for that format.
> It requires practically all the (non-TWGS) IIGS cycles to keep up, as it
> switches the color table for each scan line (using scan-line interrupt).
>
> You should find such a program somewhere in the vicinity of the picture
> files; they're usually posted together.

If you are interested in the 3200 images and viewer for the GS, I have it all
up on my system.  You will have to dial to the system to download the file and
you will more than likly have to upload something as the file is large and
there is a credit system here.  If you are interested, give my system a call
at the below number.

-- Bob
________ Pro-Graphics BBS - It's better than a sharp stick in the eye! ________

InterNet: bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com          |  Pro-Graphics: 908/469-0049
    UUCP: ..crash!pro-graphics!bobl          |        CServe: 70347,2344
ARPA/DDN: ..crash!pro-graphics!bobl@nosc.mil |  Amer. Online: Graphics3D
___________                                                        ____________
            Raven Enterprises - 25 Raven Ave. Piscataway, NJ 08854

jonah@amos.ucsd.edu (Jonah Stich) (07/14/90)

In article <11410@bsu-cs.bsu.edu> duerksen@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Joel L. Duerksen) writes:
>Recently there were some 3200 color pictures put on one of the archive
>sites I don't remember if they were ever posted.  Does anyone know how
>to display these?  I've tried Paintworks, Shrconvert, etc. no luck.
>Thanks,
>
>Joel Duerksen

I recently wrote a desktop viewer for 3200 color pictures. This viewer is much
better than the standard viewer, a BASIC kludge that forced you to reboot
after every viewing session.  My viewer is a GS Desktop application, that
actually quits to the Finder when your done, whith no harm done to the
system. Version 1.1 can load both 'Brooks' (standard) format pictures and
'French' (new) format pictures, and v1.2 will also be able to load Ron
Mercer's 'Brain' format (this is written, just not released yet.) Anyone
interested should send mail to jonah@amos.ucsd.edu. If I get enough requests,
I'll post it.

Jonah
Bad Luck Software