[comp.sys.apple2] How to identify a GS System Disk

lwv27%cas.BITNET%CAS@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU (07/13/90)

Does anyone have any tips on how one can check to see what 'version' a
particular system disk is?  If I get a piece of software which boots,
I would like to know if it would be safe to move it from that disk onto
a hard disk where I was running the latest GS system software.

Is there a table anywhere detailing either dates, versions, or something
and the system disk release numbers?
--
Larry W. Virden
Business: UUCP: osu-cis!chemabs!lwv27  INET: lwv27%cas.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu

rond@pro-grouch.cts.com (Ron Dippold) (07/14/90)

> Does anyone have any tips on how one can check to see what 'version' a
> particular system disk is?  If I get a piece of software which boots,
> I would like to know if it would be safe to move it from that disk onto
> a hard disk where I was running the latest GS system software.
>
> Is there a table anywhere detailing either dates, versions, or
something
> and the system disk release numbers?

Yes!  Apple has provided for you... As soon as you boot the GS/OS disk, hit
spacebar.  You will go to a text screen, and it will show you the version
numbers of the main components of the system!

If you need the versions of tools, you'll have to use Toolshed or something
like that.

UUCP: crash!pro-grouch!rond
ARPA: crash!pro-grouch!rond@nosc.mil
INET: rond@pro-grouch.cts.com