[comp.sys.apple2] Apple plotter

greg@hoss.unl.edu (Olmy) (07/10/90)

I have an Apple brand graphics plotter (no specific label other than an
Apple logo) that I would like to hook up to my Apple IIgs.  The question
is, is it compatible with the IIgs, what cabling/interface card will I
need, and with what programs can I use with it.  Alternatively, is it
possible to hook up to an Apple IIe rev. B unenhanced, and again what
software would be compatible?

The current setup of the IIgs is 1.25 Mb RAM, ImageWriter II in printer
ports, internal DataLink 2400 baud modem.  Should I set it up as an
AppleTalk device, and if so, is there any way a ProDOS 8 application can
use it, and if so how?

	greg@hoss.unl.edu

greg@hoss.unl.edu (Olmy) (07/15/90)

In article <1990Jul09.170337.15858@hoss.unl.edu> greg@hoss.unl.edu (Olmy) writes:
>I have an Apple brand graphics plotter (no specific label other than an
>Apple logo) that I would like to hook up to my Apple IIgs.  The question
>is, is it compatible with the IIgs, what cabling/interface card will I
>need, and with what programs can I use with it.  Alternatively, is it
>possible to hook up to an Apple IIe rev. B unenhanced, and again what
>software would be compatible?
>
>The current setup of the IIgs is 1.25 Mb RAM, ImageWriter II in printer
>ports, internal DataLink 2400 baud modem.  Should I set it up as an
>AppleTalk device, and if so, is there any way a ProDOS 8 application can
>use it, and if so how?
>
>	greg@hoss.unl.edu

Yes, it's me again.  I still need help with this thing.  Just scrap that
last sentence.  Is there any way I can use this thing, or should I try to
sell it off to some other poor soul?

	greg@hoss.unl.edu

	Sorry, a system error has occurred.