[comp.sys.apple2] ROM 04 IIgs

edward@pro-harvest.cts.com (Edward Floden) (07/14/90)

> Everything I'm hearing now says that ROM 04 is either a) just a rumor or b) it
> exists but won't make it to market, and usually the reason here is fear of

> UUCP: crash!pro-grouch!rond
> ARPA: crash!pro-grouch!rond@nosc.mil
> INET: rond@pro-grouch.cts.com

Does it exist, or doesn't it? In a conference that was held last night (Friday
13 July) on America Online, the developers of the TurboRez graphics board
announced that they were suspending development, based on the rumors of an
impending ROM 04 IIgs with improved graphics abilities and the reality of
Apple's release of the Animation Toolset.

The TurboRez, which I saw at one of the AppleFests, gives the IIgs a palette
of 256 colors per line, with a resolution of 640x400.

The ROM 04 may really exist, or at least the rumors of its existence are so
great that they can't be ignored, if a potentially great IIgs product is
grounded based only on rumors.
 _______________________                             _______________________
|                        ProLine: edward@pro-harvest                        |
|                   Internet: edward@pro-harvest.cts.com                    |
|                      UUCP: crash!pro-harvest!edward                       |
|                 ARPA: crash!pro-harvest!edward@nosc.mil                   |
|______________ BITNET: edward%pro-harvest.cts.com@nosc.mil ________________|

rond@pro-grouch.cts.com (Ron Dippold) (07/16/90)

>> Everything I'm hearing now says that ROM 04 is either a) just a rumor
>> or b) it exists but won't make it to market, and usually the reason
>> here is fear of

> Does it exist, or doesn't it? In a conference that was held last
> night (Friday 13 July) on America Online, the developers of the
> TurboRez graphics board

Hell, you know how Apple rumors are.  If a developer like that knows
something, maybe there's something to it.  I'm fairly sure it exists in
some form, its a question of whether it'll be marketed or not...

seah@ee.rochester.edu (David Seah) (07/17/90)

In article <3145.apple.net2@pro-grouch> rond@pro-grouch.cts.com (Ron Dippold) writes:
>>>[Does ROM 04 exist?]
>>>
>> Does it exist, or doesn't it? In a conference that was held last
>> night (Friday 13 July) on America Online, the developers of the
>> TurboRez graphics board
>
>Hell, you know how Apple rumors are.  If a developer like that knows
>something, maybe there's something to it.  I'm fairly sure it exists in
>some form, its a question of whether it'll be marketed or not...

During the conference, it was revealed that Bill St. Pierre wasn't an
official Apple developer.  One of the DTS guys urged Bill to get in
contact with Apple Evangelism.  I'll post the conference log up here
in its entirety when it become available, if someone else doesn't
beat me to it :)

--
Dave Seah |       Omnidyne Systems-M         | INET: seah@ee.rochester.edu
  ^..^    | "User-Friendly Killing Machines" | America Online: AFC DaveS