[comp.sys.apple2] Statistics software for the Apple II

rnf@shumv1.ncsu.edu (Rick Fincher) (07/16/90)

A friend is trying to teach a statistics course at a college that has an
Apple II lab.  He wants to know of any statistics programs available for
the Apple II.  You folks know of any?

Thanks!

Rick Fincher
rnf@shumv1.ncsu.edu

dhom@spica.acs.calpoly.edu (David Hom) (07/16/90)

In article <1990Jul16.132805.6868@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> rnf@shumv1.ncsu.edu (Rick Fincher) writes:

>A friend is trying to teach a statistics course at a college that has an
>Apple II lab.  He wants to know of any statistics programs available for
>the Apple II.  You folks know of any?

Rick,  Try looking for a program called Zstat.  From what I remember,  it was
a statistics program written in BASIC.  It looked almost like a spreadsheet
for data entry and performed all the basic data stuff plus more advanced
regression,  chi-square,  anova...

E-mail me if you can't find it.  I may have it in an old disk pile somewhere.

Dave
dhom@cosmos.acs.calpoly.edu

philip@utstat.uucp (Philip McDunnough) (07/17/90)

In article <1990Jul16.132805.6868@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> rnf@shumv1.ncsu.edu (Rick Fincher) writes:

>A friend is trying to teach a statistics course at a college that has an
>Apple II lab.  He wants to know of any statistics programs available for
>the Apple II.  You folks know of any?

There is  a company called Statsoft( they advertise in AppleII magazines)
which distributes a package for the AppleII. They also distribute a PC version.

Philip McDunnough
University of Toronto
philip@utstat.toronto.edu
[my opinions]