[comp.sys.apple2] Switch settings for SSC

s_steegm (07/18/90)

Could anyone send me the proper switch settings for my SSC to work it with a
1200 Baud Modem, please?
My SSC swallows the letters 2-6 in every line, but I don't know what causes the
problem.
Please answer via e-mail, cause I can't read NEWS regularly.
	My adress: s_steegm@irav1.ira.uka.de

Thank you very much,
				Joerg

tomk@pro-sol.cts.com (Tom Kelly) (07/19/90)

I tried to reply as E-Mail but it was returned so I'll have to make this
public.                    SUPER SERIAL CARD (SSC) SETUP SETTINGS

Recomended slots:
    slot 1 for terminal use (e.g. printer)
    slot 2 for communication use (e.g. modem)

Jumper Block:
    for communication use label is upside down (arrow points up)
    for terminal use label is right side up (arrow points down)

SW1 Dip Switch Settings:
    Baud      SW1-1     SW1-2     SW1-3     SW1-4     SW1-8
    50        on        on        on        off       not used
    75        on        on        off       on        "
    110       on        on        off       off       "
    135       on        off       on        on        "
    150       on        off       on        off       "
    300       on        off       off       on        "
    600       on        off       off       off       "
    1200      off       on        on        on        "
    1800      off       on        on        off       "
    2400      off       on        off       on        "
    3600      off       on        off       off       "
    4800      off       off       on        on        "
    7200      off       off       on        off       "
    9600      off       off       off       on        "
    19200     off       off       off       off       "

Switch Settings For Communication mode:
    SW1-5; SW1-6; SW1-7 are all set on

Data          Parity    Stop      SW2-1     SW2-2     SW2-3     SW2-4
Bits                    Bits

7             none      1         on        off       off       on
7             odd       1         on        off       on        off
7             even      1         on        off       off       off

7             none      2         off       off       off       on
7             odd       2         off       off       on        off
7             even      2         off       off       off       off

8             none      1         on        on        off       on
8             odd       1         on        on        on        off
8             even      1         on        on        off       off

8             none      2         off       on        off       on
8             odd       2         off       on        on        off
8             even      2         off       on        off       off

Note: SW2-1 thru SW2-4 settings can be overridden by software.

SW2-5:
    ON  for linefeed out
    OFF for no linefeed out

SW2-6:
    ON for baud rates greater than 1199 baud

SW2-7:
    OFF in communication mode

SW2-8:
    Not used

 Connector Pin Assignments
 10-Pin    DB-25
 Header    Connector          Signal Name
    1         1               Frame Ground
    2         2               Transmit Data (TXD)
    3         3               Receive Data (RXD)
    4         4               Request To Send (RTS)
    5         5               Clear To Send (CTS)
    6         6               Data Set Ready (DSR)
    7        19               Secondary Clear To Send (SCTS)
    8         7               Signal Ground
    9        20               Data Terminal Ready (DTR)
   10         8               Data Carrier Detect (DCD)

If you need more info send me E-Mail.