[comp.sys.apple2] BINSCII Update

mikeu@pro-magic.cts.com (Mike Ungerman) (07/23/90)

What is the latest version of BINSCII?

As an aside, to the author of BINSCII (are you lurking out there?), in a
future update, could you put in the capability to catalog disks/directories
from within your program (like is done in Shrinkit?)  It will help when there
are a lot of files to process and one can't remember the names or didn't use a
pencil to write them down.  It's a nice touch to be able to do this without
having to exit your program and then restart after cataloging disks.
Mike Ungerman                      |Proline:mikeu@pro-magic
Pro-Magic BBS: 407-366-0156        |uucp:crash!pnet01!pro-magic!mikeu
300/1200/2400/9600 Baud 24hrs      |arpa:crash!pnet01!pro-magic!mikeu@nosc.mil
Apple Tree of Central Florida, Inc |Internet:mikeu@pro-magic.cts.com
Orlando, Florida|Voice:407-366-0060|Compuserve:71326,31 Prodigy: JSNP58A

nrunyon%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Neil Runyon) (07/23/90)

In article <3645@crash.cts.com> mikeu@pro-magic.cts.com (Mike Ungerman) writes:
>What is the latest version of BINSCII?
>
>As an aside, to the author of BINSCII (are you lurking out there?), in a
>future update, could you put in the capability to catalog disks/directories
>from within your program (like is done in Shrinkit)

>Mike Ungerman

	Better yet, maybe Dave Whitney (author of BinSii) can get a hold of
Andy and they can incorporate BinScii into Shrinkit...Just a thought.

Neil Runyon

Neil M. Runyon			CyberSpace - Watch out for AI, they will rip
U of U - CS Dept				your eyes out...along with a
nrunyon@peruvian.utah.edu			few other vital body parts.

dcw@lcs.mit.edu (David C. Whitney) (07/23/90)

In article <3645@crash.cts.com> mikeu@pro-magic.cts.com (Mike Ungerman) writes:
>What is the latest version of BINSCII?

1.0.3 is the latest release version. One or two people have a beta 1.1
(and I mean one or two people).

>As an aside, to the author of BINSCII (are you lurking out there?), in a
>future update, could you put in the capability to catalog disks/directories
>from within your program (like is done in Shrinkit?)

Version 1.1 will have this. I'm still working on the new encoding
stuff. I'll hack at this week, but I'm going away for two weeks this
Friday. You'll like version 1.1.

--
Dave Whitney                         A graduate in Computer Science from MIT
dcw@goldilocks.lcs.mit.edu  ...!mit-eddie!goldilocks!dcw  dcw@athena.mit.edu

In article <1990Jul22.211349.21122@hellgate.utah.edu> nrunyon%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Neil Runyon) writes:

>	Better yet, maybe Dave Whitney (author of BinSii) can get a hold of
>Andy and they can incorporate BinScii into Shrinkit...Just a thought.

It's been considered. Unfortunately, there isn't space in Shrinkit to
include BinSCII. ShrinkIT GS is another matter, but Andy hasn't
mentioned anything to me.