[comp.sys.apple2] AppleSoft Basic question

rmhennin@watserv1.waterloo.edu (Roland M. Henning) (07/20/90)

Hi there,

I have a question concerning some AppleSoft Basic code.
The code runs on an Apple II+.

I would like to know exactly what the following code does:

          vtab 9 : htab 1 : call -868

I am unfamiliar with this code but from the context I'm guessing that it
has to do with cursor postioning on the screen.  If possible I would like
to know exactly what call -868 does.  I understand that it is a machine
subroutine call but I don't know exactly what for.

Any comments are welcome.

I don't normally read this newsgroup but I will follow it for a while.

Email: rmhennin@watserv1.waterloo.edu or post if you feel it necessary.

Sorry to use up bandwidth.

Thanks.

rond@pro-grouch.cts.com (Ron Dippold) (07/21/90)

>          vtab 9 : htab 1 : call -868

Wow!  Does THAT bring back memories...    That line clears line.  The vtab 9
goes to line 9, htab 1 goes to line 1 (you probably knew that part!)  If
memory doesn't fail me, call -868 clears to the end of the line from the
current position.

UUCP: crash!pro-grouch!rond
ARPA: crash!pro-grouch!rond@nosc.mil
INET: rond@pro-grouch.cts.com

tiburon@mcshh.hanse.de (Tim Berndt) (07/24/90)

rmhennin@watserv1.waterloo.edu (Roland M. Henning) writes:

>I would like to know exactly what the following code does:
>          vtab 9 : htab 1 : call -868

Well - the Cursor is set to (1,9) where (1,1) is the upper-left corner;
then the Rest of that Line (Cursor and right of it) is ereased.

Greatings
 Tim