[comp.sys.apple2] RTTY on an Apple //e

phupq@warwick.ac.uk (Firkle) (07/21/90)

Hi People,
          I am thinking of building my own RTTY unit for my //e but before
I launch into this major project I would like to ask if anyone has done it
already themselves and if they can give me any tips.Also because
information is scarce on this side of the pond does such a package exist which
is cheap ?
        (Just for those who don't know RTTY= Radio Tele Type.Used by various
         organisations to send messages ie Reuters)

         Many Thanks for all help.

                Andr'e Powell.

Physics Dept.,University Of Warwick,Coventry,West Midlands,UK.

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (07/24/90)

In article <1990Jul20.183445.17147@warwick.ac.uk> phupq@warwick.ac.uk (Firkle) writes:
>          I am thinking of building my own RTTY unit for my //e but before
>I launch into this major project I would like to ask if anyone has done it
>already themselves and if they can give me any tips.Also because
>information is scarce on this side of the pond does such a package exist which
>is cheap ?

In a couple of recent issues of Radio Electronics magazine, a RTTY/Morse
decoder was described, with kits and complete assembled and aligned units
available from some outfit listed in the construction article.  As I recall,
they used an RS-232-C interface, which should be suitable for an Apple
serial port.

markj@nuchat.UUCP (Mark Johnson) (07/24/90)

In article <13391@smoke.BRL.MIL>, gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) writes:
> In article <1990Jul20.183445.17147@warwick.ac.uk> phupq@warwick.ac.uk (Firkle) writes:
> >          I am thinking of building my own RTTY unit for my //e but before
> >I launch into this major project I would like to ask if anyone has done it
> >already themselves and if they can give me any tips.Also because
> >information is scarce on this side of the pond does such a package exist which
> >is cheap ?
>
> In a couple of recent issues of Radio Electronics magazine, a RTTY/Morse
> decoder was described, with kits and complete assembled and aligned units
> available from some outfit listed in the construction article.  As I recall,
> they used an RS-232-C interface, which should be suitable for an Apple
> serial port.

Has anyone actually ordered and recieved either the Kit or assembled unit?

I ordered the kit back in May, got curious about my order and Called
information.  The phone number they gave me for power mountain systems has
been disconnected.  And I am out the cost of the kit.  My check was cashed
around the middle of June.

I have not received a reply from my followup letter either.