[comp.sys.apple2] TML Pascal II becomes "Complete Pascal"

roberth@microsoft.UUCP (Robert HESS) (07/20/90)

!!  TML Systems Sells off IIgs line  !!

...and their Mac line as well.  In other words, TML has dissolved as a
company (but they are still answering their phones (904)636-8592).

"Complete Technology" is a new company, founded by Vince Cooper (former
engineer at TML in charge of the IIgs line), and they have purchased the
entire line of IIgs products from TML (TML Basic, TML Pascal...) and will
soon re-release them as "Complete Basic", "Complete Pascal"...

Their first step, is to release "Complete Pascal v1.0", which will be
essentially TML Pascal II v1.1 with few, if any, changes. They will then
update TML Basic so that it can run under System 5.0, and release it as
"Complete Basic". They will then go back to their Pascal compiler, and
resolve as many bugs as possible, and enhance the resource editor.

Future plans include:

  - Maintaining an active presence on America Online, and Genie.

  - Updating their language products so that they use, and produce
    standard OMF files, which will allow them to link in objects created
    from other languages, and other compiler environments.

  - Looking into developing a assembly language product.

  - Look into creating an integrated 'desktop' compiler environment
    shell from which all of their languages will operate

I see this as a positive move for the (previous) TML IIgs languages, because
they will now be developed by a company whos *only* interest is in the IIgs,
rather then mearly being a side interest.

For those of you who currently have TML Pascal II, Vince is *very*
interested in hearing about any compiler bugs that you have come across.
He would like sample code that illustrates the bug if at all possible.

He is well aware of the problems with the editor, so I don't think you
need to go into great detail about any problems you have there :->

If you would like more information, the phone number for Complete
Technology is (904)731-7181, or you can contact Vince via AmericaOnline.
His email name there is VCooper.  I don't know what his Genie account
is.

-Robert
     #####   ####### |	  Robert B. Hess, Microsoft Corp., Redmond, WA
    ######  #######  |-----------------------------------------------------
   ####### #######   |	roberth@microsof.uu.net
  #### ##### ####    |	{decvax, uunet, uw-beaver}!microsof!roberth
 ####  ###  ####     |_____________________________________________________
   "...my opinions are strictly my own, and not those of my employer..."

rat@madnix.UUCP (David Douthitt) (07/27/90)

In article <55966@microsoft.UUCP> roberth@microsoft.UUCP (Robert HESS) writes:

>"Complete Technology" is a new company, founded by Vince Cooper (former
>engineer at TML in charge of the IIgs line), and they have purchased the
>entire line of IIgs products from TML (TML Basic, TML Pascal...) and will
>soon re-release them as "Complete Basic", "Complete Pascal"...

Isn't there a company making stuff for the IBM PC with similar names,
including "The Complete Modem" and "The Complete Answering Machine" ??

Just wondering...

--
! InterNet: deety!rat@spool.cs.wisc.edu           !  David Douthitt
! UUCP: ...uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!deety!rat !  Madison, Wisconsin