[comp.sys.apple2] KansasFest reviews anyone??

	Haven't there been any reviews of KansasFest? It seems last
year there were a couple of very in-depth reviews, and one of them was
hundreds of lines long... I can only call up my account which has UseNet
access only once or twice a week [it's a toll call] and get the messages
and read them offlie.. So I may have missed something..

	If there has been a review, or someone is about to post one, could
someone please send me it/them in e-mail? My address is in my sig..

	Thanks a lot.
--
  _    __       __           __       _     /-------------------------------\
 /_\  |__| |    __|(GS) |_| |_  \  / |_|   |    unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu       |

v112pdl5@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Mark J Cromwell) (07/29/90)

In article <5507@darkstar.ucsc.edu>, unknown@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (The Unknown User) writes...
*
*	Haven't there been any reviews of KansasFest? It seems last
*year there were a couple of very in-depth reviews, and one of them was
*hundreds of lines long... I can only call up my account which has UseNet
*access only once or twice a week [it's a toll call] and get the messages
*and read them offlie.. So I may have missed something..
*
*	If there has been a review, or someone is about to post one, could
*someone please send me it/them in e-mail? My address is in my sig..
*
*	Thanks a lot.
*--
*  _    __       __           __       _     /-------------------------------\
* /_\  |__| |    __|(GS) |_| |_  \  / |_|   |    unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu       |
*/   \ |    |__ |__        | |__  \/  | \   | unknown%darkside.com@ames.arpa  |
*Computer engineering student seeking a job. \-------------------------------/

  I haven't received any either. Wasn't Kansasfest supposed to have version
6.0 and Hypercard. Surely someone has to say something about those...

				- Mark Cromwell

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (07/29/90)

In article <31694@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v112pdl5@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
>  I haven't received any either. Wasn't Kansasfest supposed to have version
>6.0 and Hypercard. Surely someone has to say something about those...

I attended the A2-Central Developers' Conference in Kansas City; what do
you want to hear about it that you can't surmise from the session schedule
that was posted a few weeks ago?

I don't know how a conference is supposed to "have" items of software.
There were several sessions about HyperCard GS; however, those who attended
the sessions had to sign nondisclosure agreements.  It is simple enough to
deduce that Apple is currently intending to release such a product.  Roger
Wagner has indicated that he believes that his HyperStudio addresses a
somewhat different market need and that it will continue to sell after the
hypothetical release of HyperCard GS by Apple.  Apple developers discussed
new animation and sound sequencer Tools, but so far as I could determine
copies of these were not handed out at the conference.  One would expect
them to show up in some future release of GS/OS, of course.  There were no
strong indications of a new Apple II computer any time soon..

In article <13445@smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>Apple developers discussed new animation and sound sequencer Tools, but so far
>as I could determine copies of these were not handed out at the conference.

Come to think of it, the sound Tool was probably on the synthLab disk.
Before anybody starts asking, most of the disks handed out at the conference
were restricted to attendees only, so, no, I'm not going to post them.