[comp.sys.apple2] Supercalc 3a

X17914@BBRBFU01.BITNET (07/27/90)

Could somebody give me info about Ye olde SUPERCALC 3a (from sorcim)
I bought one for eh....  (well, it wasn't much) in a sale. (Specially liked
the beautifull package (professional looking))
What is the latest version/revision they  made ?
Are they still in business ?
If so, can I get the eventual latest version ?

Thanks for the info.

Robert Jansen
  Local Unix and LAN guru (manager ..etc.. etc...)
    of the Brussels Free University.
  Belgium
    Europe

private mail to:
BITNET: X17914@BBRBFU01

rond@pro-grouch.cts.com (Ron Dippold) (07/28/90)

> Could somebody give me info about Ye olde SUPERCALC 3a (from sorcim)

3a is the latest version they cam=e out with for the Apple II.  If you want
it, I have a patch that will allow it to work with the IIgs printer port.

UUCP: crash!pro-grouch!rond
ARPA: crash!pro-grouch!rond@nosc.mil
INET: rond@pro-grouch.cts.com

trott@dolores.Stanford.EDU (Mitchell Trott) (07/30/90)

In article <3471.apple.net2@pro-grouch> rond@pro-grouch.cts.com (Ron Dippold) writes:
   >> Could somebody give me info about Ye olde SUPERCALC 3a (from sorcim)

   3a is the latest version they came out with for the Apple II.  If you want
   it, I have a patch that will allow it to work with the IIgs printer port.

I have SuperCalc3a Version 1.1.  Older versions don't support memory
beyond 128k or 3.5" drives.  Unfortunately, Version 1.1 hangs on an
Apple //e with a ZIPchip in fast mode.  I wrote an ugly little patch
that cures this problem, if anyone is interested.  I don't think
the Apple version of Supercalc is supported by anyone anymore.

SuperCalc3a is vastly superior to the spreadsheet program that comes
with AppleWorks 1.x, but the gap has probably narrowed considerably
with more recent AppleWorks versions (especially if you use 3rd-party
addons).

mitch

trott@dolores.stanford.edu