[comp.sys.apple2] Copyright status of 8/16 disk

nrunyon%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Neil Runyon) (07/30/90)

In article <5742922@ub.cc.umich.edu> Tabakal@UB.CC.UMICH.EDU writes:
>Can someone please comment as the specific copyright status of the 8/16
>disk that was just posted.  No long speeches, no guesses.  Does anyone
>know whether the copyright holders specificly allowed it to be posted.
>That's Ariel Publishing, since they hold the compilation copyright, not
>the original authors.

	I was contacted by Eric Mueller (the IIgs editor of 8/16) and he said
that the first disk was not copyrighted, so they could distribute it, and
give people an idea what they are all about, so it posting is okay.

Neil -
Neil M. Runyon			CyberSpace - Watch out for AI, they will rip
U of U - CS Dept				your eyes out...along with a
nrunyon@peruvian.utah.edu			few other vital body parts.

Tabakal@UB.CC.UMICH.EDU (07/30/90)

Can someone please comment as the specific copyright status of the 8/16
disk that was just posted.  No long speeches, no guesses.  Does anyone
know whether the copyright holders specificly allowed it to be posted.
That's Ariel Publishing, since they hold the compilation copyright, not
the original authors.

    Todd A. Bakal                                All snappy sayings aside,
    U of M Apple User's Group                    !Index will be updated
    Ann Arbor, Michigan                          ASAP or my name's not...

    Internet: Tabakal@ub.cc.umich.edu            FTP: ummts.cc.umich.edu
              Tab@terminator.cc.umich.edu             35.1.1.43   (PC5:)
    UUCP: ...!uunet!ub.cc.umich.edu!tabakal      BITnet: Tabakal@UMICHUB