[comp.sys.apple2] Resource Editor for //GS

kgreen@pro-angmar.UUCP (Kevin Green) (07/29/90)

Question: where can I get the //GS Resource Editor ('Rez' is the name I
think).

(I have already looked in the current APDA catalog).

dlyons@Apple.COM (David A. Lyons) (07/30/90)

In article <6765.apple.net@pro-angmar> kgreen@pro-angmar.UUCP (Kevin Green) writes:
>Question: where can I get the //GS Resource Editor ('Rez' is the name I
>think).
>
>(I have already looked in the current APDA catalog).

Rez is *not* a resource editor--it's a resource *compiler*, which takes
text files (well, SRC files...whatever) and produces resource forks from
them.

Rez, and lots of other handy tools, is available from APDA as part of the
"APW Tools and Interfaces v1.1" product, A0240LL/A, $50, listed on page
32 of the Summer 1990 APDAlog.  Page 32 goes into a fair amount of detail
about some of the tools included in the package.

Please note that APDA's phone number remains 1-800-282-APDA, and that
the differing number printed at the bottom of the order form is in error.
--
David A. Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.      |   DAL Systems
Apple II Developer Technical Support      |   P.O. Box 875

My opinions are my own, not Apple's.

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (07/30/90)

In article <6765.apple.net@pro-angmar> kgreen@pro-angmar.UUCP (Kevin Green) writes:
-Question: where can I get the //GS Resource Editor ('Rez' is the name I
-think).
-(I have already looked in the current APDA catalog).

Look again -- it's in the APW Tools and Interfaces 1.1.