[comp.sys.apple2] Blast from the past - Code Sampler

lwv27%cas.BITNET%CAS@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU (07/24/90)

I was cleaning out some files this weekend and ran across a set of
comp.sys.apple messages discussing the then upcoming Apple code sampler
which was referred to as Volume 1.  It appeared (back in the fall of 1988
I believe).  But I do not believe that I ever heard about a volume 2, which
was being planned at that time (I believe that the phrase was 'living
technotes') as a set of additional examples, etc.

With all of the changes in the system disks since that time, surely there
are enough new features, and maybe even some new tricks, that would
warrent a new set of code samples?
--
Larry W. Virden
Business: UUCP: osu-cis!chemabs!lwv27  INET: lwv27%cas.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu

delaneyg@wnre.aecl.ca (Found In Mail Box) (07/25/90)

Well yes you ar a month late they have been released and will be uploaded to
the net tonight.  Thanks to Dave Lyons for pointing me to them in Kansas City
there are three disks in all.  I've managed to shrinkit down to 1066 bytes.
It's in two shrinkit files when unbinscii'd you will get a series of SHK files
one for each program which includes APW, C and Pascal versions of programs.
This time you will need Res to build the programs or at least some of them.

Their will also be a Shrinkit GS 1.03 appearing soon I have those on the system
now.  I think I'ld look to Michigan having things available before BrownVM as
Chris can't send out too much at once or things bounce from those of you with
small accounts.

Grant Delaneyg
delaneyg@wnre.aecl.ca
.

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (07/25/90)

In article <9007232059.AA12374@apple.com> lwv27%cas.BITNET%CAS@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU writes:
>With all of the changes in the system disks since that time, surely there
>are enough new features, and maybe even some new tricks, that would
>warrent a new set of code samples?

There IS a new source code sampler, available from various information
services.  It replaces the previous APW source code sampler.

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (07/26/90)

In article <23*delaneyg@wnre.aecl.ca> delaneyg@wnre.aecl.ca (Found In Mail Box) writes:
>there are three disks in all.  I've managed to shrinkit down to 1066 bytes.

That's Incredible!

jason@madnix.UUCP (Jason Blochowiak) (07/30/90)

In article <9007232059.AA12374@apple.com> lwv27%cas.BITNET%CAS@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU writes:
 [He mentions the //gs code sampler, vol. 1]
>With all of the changes in the system disks since that time, surely there
>are enough new features, and maybe even some new tricks, that would
>warrent a new set of code samples?

	Well, all I can say at this point is that, if you wait awhile, you
shouldn't be disappointed. I didn't sign any papers on this one, but I'm not
sure how official things were, and I don't want to annoy anyone that did me
a favor :) I'm not sure how long the wait will be, but I don't imagine that
it'll be all that long.

>Larry W. Virden
>Business: UUCP: osu-cis!chemabs!lwv27  INET: lwv27%cas.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu
>Personal: 674 Falls Place,   Reynoldsburg,OH 43068-1614
>Proline: lvirden@pro-tcc.cts.com   America Online: lvirden     CIS: [75046,606]

--
                      Jason Blochowiak - jason@madnix.UUCP
or, try:         astroatc!nicmad!madnix!jason@spool.cs.wisc.edu