[comp.sys.apple2] Appleworks Mac

I see in today's (7/30) InfoWorld that Claris will ship AppleWorks Mac
within a year.  The product will include "most of" the modules in the
IIgs version (why wait? Buy a IIgs today :-)

/s Murph <Sewall%UConnVM.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu>         [Internet]
      or ...{psuvax1 or mcvax}!uconnvm.bitnet!sewall     [UUCP]
 + Standard disclaimer applies ("The opinions expressed are my own" etc.)

philip@utstat.uucp (Philip McDunnough) (07/31/90)

In article <9007301830.AA27000@apple.com> SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (Murph Sewall) writes:
>I see in today's (7/30) InfoWorld that Claris will ship AppleWorks Mac
>within a year.  The product will include "most of" the modules in the
>IIgs version (why wait? Buy a IIgs today :-)

Hmm...this may be to counter  Windows3.0 and Microsoft Works. It does appear
that Apple is concerned enough about the effects of Windows. Many Mac
developers(including Microsoft) are shifting resources to Windows 3.0. Since
Apple has brought Claris back into the fold, this move is to be expected. The
question is whether this alters the probability of a ROM04 GS? The GS situation
has looked better, one must admit.

Philip McDunnough
University of Toronto
philip@utstat.toronto.edu
[my opinions]

mmunz@pro-beagle.cts.com (Mark Munz) (08/01/90)

Well, those Mac folks just aren't satisfied with the original AppleWorks por{
(port) known as Microsoft Works.. :-)