[comp.sys.apple2] Unscribe

halp@TCGOULD.TN.CORNELL.EDU ("Bruce P. Halpern") (07/30/90)

Please cancel my subscription to comp.sys.apple

greg@hoss.unl.edu (Hammer) (07/31/90)

In article <9007301527.AA15355@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU> halp@TCGOULD.TN.CORNELL.EDU ("Bruce P. Halpern") writes:
>Please cancel my subscription to comp.sys.apple

Could someone please explain to me these subscribe and unsubscribe
messages?  I am still rather new, and I have no idea why they exist.

	greg@hoss.unl.edu

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (08/01/90)

In article <1990Jul31.040543.18505@hoss.unl.edu> greg@hoss.unl.edu (Hammer) writes:
>In article <9007301527.AA15355@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU> halp@TCGOULD.TN.CORNELL.EDU ("Bruce P. Halpern") writes:
>>Please cancel my subscription to comp.sys.apple
>Could someone please explain to me these subscribe and unsubscribe
>messages?  I am still rather new, and I have no idea why they exist.

The exist because the posters do not know how the mailing list/newsgroup
is maintained.  Posting such messages to the newsgroup generally does
not result in a list administrative action; please don't do it.