[comp.sys.apple2] FidoNet

rond@pro-grouch.cts.com (Ron Dippold) (08/01/90)

I have gotten quite a bit of mail about my list of BBS software for the Apple
II that included something called FidoNet.  This is _ancient_ software, and is
_not_ compatible with the IBM FidoNet, I don't even think it's the same author
or anything.  FidoNet may not be it's official name.  I know it had "Fido" in
it.

I have heard that there are GBBS mods that will let you FidoNet.

UUCP: crash!pro-grouch!rond
ARPA: crash!pro-grouch!rond@nosc.mil
INET: rond@pro-grouch.cts.com

shawn@marilyn.UUCP (Shawn P. Stanley) (08/03/90)

In article <3570.apple.net2@pro-grouch> rond@pro-grouch.cts.com (Ron Dippold) writes:
>I have gotten quite a bit of mail about my list of BBS software for the Apple
>II that included something called FidoNet.

I remember that!  I was a bit confused when FidoNet, as it's known today,
first appeared.  I had called up a system that used the Apple II software.
I think that was in the early '80s...
--
Shawn P. Stanley         shawn@marilyn.marilyn.mn.org
bungia!marilyn!shawn     {rosevax,crash}!orbit!marilyn!shawn