[comp.sys.apple2] Installer

crew@pro-harvest.cts.com (Chris Wicklein) (08/08/90)

> Matt D.  recently exhorted us not to copy the GS/OS files directly, but
> rather to use the Installer.  Why?  If I have a perfectly good system
> folder (+ ProDos, Icons, and any basics I need) what is wrong with
> copying it all directly?  The Installer is a pain to use if you only
> have one 3.5 drive (I'm not sure I was even able to do it), which is all
> I normally have since with a hard drive you don't need more than one for
> almost any operation.
Add message
Subject: Installer
Network message: enter text, end with "." on a new line.

:
   I almost NEVER use the installer. I only have one 3.5" drive, and NO hard
drive, so even using the Finder is inconvienient. My 'non-standard' system
disks seem to work okay, or do they?
|                         ProLine: crew@pro-harvest                         |
|                    Internet: crew@pro-harvest.cts.com                     |
|                       UUCP: crash!pro-harvest!crew                        |
|                  ARPA: crash!pro-harvest!crew@nosc.mil                    |
|_______________ BITNET: crew%pro-harvest.cts.com@nosc.mil _________________|