[comp.sys.apple2] How to view 3200 color pics?

bb0@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Bowie Bailey) (08/10/90)

I downloaded the viewer from comp.binaries.apple2, but it won't work.
When I tried to launch it from a GS/OS shell, I got a fatal system error.
When I tried it from the finder, it cleared the screen and just sat there.
When I tried it from Prodos 16, I got every other column filled with inverse
characters.

Does this program require a minimum ammount of memory?  I only have 512K.
(although I'm upgrading to 768K as soon as the store gets it in)

                              -Bowie

jonah@amos.ucsd.edu (Jonah Stich) (08/10/90)

In article <24076@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> bb0@beach.cis.ufl.edu () writes:
>I downloaded the viewer from comp.binaries.apple2, but it won't work.
>When I tried to launch it from a GS/OS shell, I got a fatal system error.
>When I tried it from the finder, it cleared the screen and just sat there.
>When I tried it from Prodos 16, I got every other column filled with inverse
>characters.
>
>Does this program require a minimum ammount of memory?  I only have 512K.
>(although I'm upgrading to 768K as soon as the store gets it in)
>
>                              -Bowie

OOkay, I assemu you're taking about my program View 3200. When I fire it u
with all my DA's, INIIT's, etc. installed, the Control Panel says that
880K is used. The good news is that Vieiw 3200 only used 93K, plus a little
moore to load the file, so you MIGHT be able to put it on a stripped
down system disk (ie. not even any Finder) and make it the start program,
and get it to work on a 768K machine. Your other option is to get one of
the BASIC kludges going around, and see if that works. Either way you'll
have to reboot to go to another program. All I can say is that I strongly
urge you to get youself 1.25 Megs AT LEAST (I have 2.25 and still find
myself a bit tapped sometimes) if you want too really use your GS.

Jonah

ps. I have some BASIC viewers. If you need one, send me mail.