[comp.sys.apple2] Power switch?

vulture@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Ron Helwig) (08/12/90)

        I am having a problem with my GS. Sometimes when I turn it on, nothing
happens. Control-reset doesn't even do anything. What I find I have to do is
turn it of and then on again a few times. When it does finally turn on, the
control panel settings have all gone to default. It doesn't happen all the
time. I have a ROM 1 machine. It was happening before I got my Datalink and
memory upgrade. I have had the power supply repaired (replacement of a
'bleeder resistor') and still have this problem. What can I do?
        Thanks in advance.              Ron 'Vulture' Helwig

UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, uunet!rosevax, crash}!orbit!pnet51!vulture
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!vulture@nosc.mil
INET: vulture@pnet51.orb.mn.org

zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Sameer Parekh) (08/13/90)

In article <3032@orbit.cts.com> vulture@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Ron Helwig) writes:
>turn it of and then on again a few times. When it does finally turn on, the
>control panel settings have all gone to default. It doesn't happen all the
>time. I have a ROM 1 machine. It was happening before I got my Datalink and

Well, I read that your cp settings go default so maybe your battery is dead?
You can get a new one from Nite-Owl something.
(I am in no way connected to Nite-Owl)

| Sameer Parekh        | "If I claim to be the wise man        |
| zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM   |    it is because I do not know"       |