[comp.sys.apple2] View 3200 v1.2

jonah@amos.ucsd.edu (Jonah Stich) (08/10/90)

I have just noticed a small quasi-bug in View 3200. Basically, it refuses
to load any pictures that are locked, although it will tell you it has
loaded them. If you're having problems with it not displaying pictures
properly, this very well might be your problem. Just unlock the pictures
and try again.

Jonah Stich
jonah@amos.ucsd.edu

toddpw@tybalt.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (08/10/90)

By the way, have you figured out what causes the 'garbage in the apple menu'
bug? After displaying a picture, I have been able to pull down the Apple menu
and there is binary gunk on top of the 5th and 6th NDA or so.

I have also had View3200 crash on me after viewing quite a few pictures --
possibly another 'creeping crash' type bug but hopefully a side effect of the
Apple menu trashing.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu

In article <1990Aug9.232802.28437@laguna.ccsf.caltech.edu> toddpw@tybalt.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) writes:
>By the way, have you figured out what causes the 'garbage in the apple menu'
>bug? After displaying a picture, I have been able to pull down the Apple menu
>and there is binary gunk on top of the 5th and 6th NDA or so.

I'm sorry. I've heard about this bug MANY times, but have not been able to
duplicate it, no matter what I do. It has started showing up in Paint 3200,
though, so I know it's alive, although I haven't the slightest idea as
to what causes it. For anyone experiencing thiis problem,please send me mail
telleing me about the problem, and about your system. I'm beginining to think
it's a memory linked thing, as it only started showing up in Paint 3200
after it got to be fairly large.

>I have also had View3200 crash on me after viewing quite a few pictures --
>possibly another 'creeping crash' type bug but hopefully a side effect of the
>Apple menu trashing.

Hmm, I haven't heard about this one before. How many is 'quite a few?' Again,
what's your system configuration--I've got 2.25 Megs in my GS, which means
II have very few memory conflicts.

>Todd Whitesel
Jonah Stich

joshuat@pro-sol.cts.com (Joshua M. Thompson) (08/13/90)

I get the garabe on different menus.  Sometimes it's the file menu, sometimes
the Apple menu.  However, it's always the same menu for that particular
session with the program.

Other than that, it's a MAJOR improvement over those BASIC viewers.